Thread: super setting

Kaine is offline New Member

super setting

Do you guys have any tips on what you super set with? Is it just random or do you have a secret? I usually super set these groups cuz they dont work the same group, hence I dont get fatigued as easily:

day 1: Bis & delts \
    day 3: Tris & back > Abs
    day 5: Pecs & legs /

I'm not a body builder or anything, so my workouts are spread out a bit. Are these good muscle groups to group together, and super set?

bubbathegut is offline Member
    to me supersetting is working the same muscle group in the same workout. for example doing flat bench then DB flys with no rest in between sets...

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine
    Do you guys have any tips on what you super set with? Is it just random or do you have a secret? I usually super set these groups cuz they dont work the same group, hence I dont get fatigued as easily:

day 1: Bis & delts \
    day 3: Tris & back > Abs
    day 5: Pecs & legs /

I'm not a body builder or anything, so my workouts are spread out a bit. Are these good muscle groups to group together, and super set?
    I do not super set alot but when I do I usually go
    chest/tri
    back / bi
    shoulder/ hams

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbathegut
    to me supersetting is working the same muscle group in the same workout. for example doing flat bench then DB flys with no rest in between sets...
    That is supersetting too, but he is correct. I tend to superset the same muscle more than with two groups of muscles....

bubbathegut is offline Member
    oh ok thats right, i guess i misread it..

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    From what I have learned, you guys are describing giant sets when you work the same muscle group but different exercises right after the first one. eg. Bench press followed by db flyes. Benefits are blasting the hell out of a muscle group quickly and thoroughly.

A superset is when you work opposing muscle groups. Examples would be tri/bi with skulls followed by standing bb curls. Chest and back with pullups followed by incline db presses. Quads and Hams with leg extensions followed with lying leg curls. Benefits are efficient workouts with great pumps. Arms feel huge. Legs feel huge. Torso feels huge. All due to the blood flooding the worked areas.

When you go from one exercise to the next but the muscles are random like delts then quads with military press and squats or chest and calves with decline bb and standing calf raises, you are doing circuit training. Benefits are an efficient workout in short time while keeping an elevated heart rate.

This is just from my understanding of what I have been taught and read. If I am wrong, then please correct me. It will not be the first time so I am used to it by now.

Thread Information