Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    KINGLYON8801 is offline New Member

Idoit Every Gym Has One

WELL LAST NIGHT I SAW SOME CRAZY SHIT. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. I WAS WORKING OUT, AND THESE 3 GUYS AND A GIRL CAME, THEY WERE ABOUT 16 MAYBE 17YRS OLD. OK 2 OF THE GUYS JUMPED ON THE BENCH, THE ONE GUY LOOKED LIKE HE WORKED OUT, AND THE OTHER GUY LOOKED LIKE HE HAD NO CLUE. SO THEY THROW 135LB TO WARM UP, THE ONE WAS STRUGGLING WITH 135LBS (LETS CALL HIM THE IDOIT). OK THE OTHER GUY WARMS UP, AND THEN THROWS ON 205LBS. AND DOES LIKE 7 OR 8 REPS, OK NOW THE IDOIT JUMPED ON WITH OUT CHANGING THE WEIGHT, THE OTHER GUY WALKS AWAY TO GET SOME WATER, WELL THE IDOIT LIFTED THE 205LB AND AS SOON AS HE GOT IT OFF THE RACK IT DROPPED STRAIGHT INTO HIS CHEST. WHAT HAD HAPPED WAS HIS ELBOW POPPED OUT OF PLACE AND THE WEIGHT CAME CRASHING DOWN ONTO HIM. I WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE, I RAN OVER AND IT WAS ONE OF THE SICKEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN, HIS ELBOW PRETTY MUCH BENT THE OTHER WAY. MORAL OF THE STORY DONT LIFT WEIGHT U KNOW U CANT ESPECIALLY WITH OUT A SPOTTER.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Angry

Yep, seen this one to Kinglyon. Instead of having the "Village Idiot" as they did in Medieval times we now have "Gym Idiots". Probably decendants of the former.

gymnut4u is offline Member
    I have seen it to bro ,was at the gym one day ,one of the biggest guys in our gym tore his knee out of place on the squat rack ,dont rember the exact weight but it was way up there ,didnt have his knee wraped but had torn it out twice in col,
    we all came running over there and was a sick site his schin was almost touching his hip !!!!!!!!!!! one of the guys even threw up,peeps need to think before they lift .

KINGLYON8801 is offline New Member
    LIKE A YR AGO AT MY OLD GYM THIS LADY WAS RUNNING ON THE TREADMILL. SHE HAD HER TOWEL HANGING ON THE HANDLE. WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY IT FELL SHE SLIPPED ON IT AND CRACKED HER HEAD ON THE TREADMILL. BLOOD WAS SQUIRTING EVERYWHERE, BECAUSE HE BLOOD PRESSURE & TEMP WAS UP, SO THE BLOOD WAS POURING OUT BUT IT WAS SQUIRTING OUT. IT WAS SICK MAN.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i saw a kid's forearm snap in half and pop through the skin....nasty

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    This sounds like a fun game...

During training camp in my freshman year of college, we had an Off Lineman that was at least 325 lbs. During the first day we were going through all of the standard tests and while he was running the 40 his achilles tendon snapped and rolled up the back of his leg. It was sick. I've never seen such a big man cry, although I can't blame him. I would too - actually, I almost did.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    i saw a guy when i was a freshmen in high school drop 300 pounds like that and it ruptured his spleen, he was rolling on the groud, not pretty, hefe.

lil_josh is offline Junior Member
    the stupidest shit ive seen is me getting stuck on the smith squat machine in the early morning with no one in the gym pretty much

flawless706 is offline New Member
    The stupidest shit i saw in a gym was a guy curling heavy weights....and then some schmuck talking to his buddy and not noticing the guy and knocking the curling guy over. Poor guy broke his arm and the schmuck who knocked him over was never seen at the gym again. I hate clueless people.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Train at home than you don,t have to see them

Originally posted by Billy Boy
    Train at home than you don,t have to see them
    If I only had the room I would....trust me on that one !

edraven29 is offline Associate Member

Talking idiot are everywhere

Yeah and most of the time they wanna show of infront of their bitch so even if you outweight them by 50-70 pounds they still act tough around you.

I almost beheaded on of the last time i trained, damn idiot played with my weights to act all tought but when came the time to put up the duks he ran away.

I ate teens, or people in general who act all tought but cant back it up.

Yeah billy boy i am gonna have my homegym by july and i will train at home, think its the best thing for my safety so i wont go to jail becose i beat someone to death......

Ok sorry i add to get that out of my system.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever

If I only had the room I would....trust me on that one !
    I have the room.

IF I ONLY HAD ALL THOSE WEIGHTS

Originally posted by GenuinePL

I have the room.

IF I ONLY HAD ALL THOSE WEIGHTS
    Hmmmmm, maybe we can work something out....I have the cash....that's no problem with me

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    I have something kind of sickening that happened to me, well it was nothing to look at but it sounded that way. About a month or two ago, I was doing flat dumbell presses and I wasn't doing anything wrong or stupid, I had good form. Anyway, my left shoulder is kind of fucked up, I can pop it out of the socket when ever I want, but I also hurt it lifting a couple of years ago. So, when I do bench press or dumbell press, when I get to the top and squeeze, sometimes my left shoulder pops out of the socket a little bit, but it alway goes back in on the way down. So, back to my story, well I was doing one of my lighter sets w/85lb. dumbells, and on my last rep I squeezed at the top to the burn and just when I was about to go for the negative, my left arm just fell straight foward toward the ground, and all you heard was a loud rubbing sound that sounded like two cars get sideswiped. It turned out that I tore almost all the cartiledge in my left shoulder. It was fucking painful.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I saw something even funnier in the gym. One day this kid(16-17) came in warmed up squatting with 135 then jacked the weight up to 275 and tried to do a rep and on the way up had all the weight slip off one side and then the other. Even funnier HE TRIED THE SAME WEIGHT AGAIN!!!! I only went over to him the first time to help out after that it was all up to him. Why don't people ask to be taught things, that's all i did in the gym if i was confused about something i found that as long as your not interupting anybody's workout they're fine with helping you.

BIG_JDAWG is offline Associate Member
    i was liftin up at the local high school gym with the boys basketball coach, and i went to get something to drink while he was inbetween sets. as i was coming back into the weight room, i saw him with about 325 on the bench..he weighs around 140 lbs and he is about 5'8" by the way, and i started to run over there, and i got about 5 feet away, and his left arm dropped down while his right arm was still almost locked and the weights slid off the left side, then it swung back down and the weights on the right slipped off...probably the funniest, but yet, scariest thing i've seen.. lesson learned..ALWAYS lift with a spotter, no matter how light the weight

Big J

TheGame826 is offline Member
    a kid a couple of years ago was squattin at my school, and his back gave out from the weight, well he was in the squat rack and when the weight came crashing down it landed on his finger, poor guy was screamin, he lost that finger..

btw... ive seen alot more older gym idiots than teen gym idiots

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Damn ya'll not making me want to go to the gym... maybe I am virgin but I have never seen anyone get injured in my gym, course, we have alot of smaller guys, and the "more experienced" guys are more prone to have spotters and know what they are doing.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I think gym idiots are good fun to watch .I like the bad form and when they are pumped up they strut around telling the other guys in the gym that thay are doing it all wrong......

DirkDiggs is offline Junior Member
    Funniest sh*t I have seen was when I was lifting at a local gym and this kid had way to much weight for him to handle on the military press ( I forget the exact weight)...It turn out he was pushing so hard and not breathing that he just passed out...good thing it was on a universal machince!!!!

STORM SHADOW is offline New Member
    Some of the gym idiots are the spotters. Several years ago in a squat manuever I was coming up out of it and at the sametime I saw in the mirror my spotter walk away to talk to his girlfriend, it through me off balance and I ripped the Spinal Erectors from the hams. I was out for a year.

Next time (but I came out ok even though the blow could have killed me as it's the leading cause of death in the gym), different spotter and I was doing 305 bench as usual, nothing new, for 3 reps. It was my max. I lifted the weight up with the help from my spotter but just after I took control of it he turned away to talk to somebody just as my wrists buckled for some stupid reason and there came the 305 down on my chest. When he turned around the bar and weight was evenly balanced on my chest and I was laying there wondering if I was dead. People came running and took the weight off of me. Some big guy said "maybe you should reduce the weight a little" in a snotty pissy sort 'I'm better than you way'. That did it! I increased the weight to 315 even though the spotter was trying to talk me out of it. Fucking AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I was pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knocked out 315 for 3 reps with perfect form!

P.S. I do have a full pro gym in my garage. The whole garage is a gym.

DrJay73 is offline Associate Member
    My gym has an asshole we call "sponge-boy" - he's become pretty famous as even people that work out at different times have heard of him although they have never seen him. He's in his mid 40's, about 5'-4" - maybe 170 lbs but not big at all. Anyway he always comes in with his trusty gym bag containing his chains, his little black book and of course....his sponges! His thing is loading up certain Hammer strength machines with every 45 that can possibly fit and then rigging up at least two more by hanging them from the chains he carries. This process usually takes at least 10-15 minutes alone but the real fun is what he does when its time to lift. He will sit there in deep thought for a few minutes and then he starts rocking back and forth with his eyes closed - this means the power is about to be released! The fucking sponges are wrapped around his hands to protect them from the extreme poundage he's about to conquer....Now come the moment of truth....after all this drama and bullshit its always the same result...he does about 3 1/4 reps and he's done I'm serious, not even a full rep ever! After that he jumps off the machine and prances over to the water fountain like he just slayed the dragon or something. Then he goes back over and writes something down in his little black book and repeats this process about 2 more times....and thats his workout - after that he is finished. It take him over an hour to do maybe 10 1/4 reps What a fucking idiot! Everyone makes fun of him but he never talks to anyone - the guy is a grade A asshole! If thats what happens when you go through a mid-life crisis then I want to be shot in the fucking head now! It used to be funny at first but now its to the point that I'm starting to get pissed off...and I'm not the only one who feels this way either! I just go to the other side of the gym so I don't even have to look at him. The fact that he's always strutting around like he's the strongest guy there really adds fuel to the fire too!
    Last edited by DrJay73; 03-13-2002 at 03:16 PM.

latman49 is offline Member
    I saw a guy knock his teeth out doing Incline Bench because he couldn't get his last rep up and his spotter was dicking off. I'd been kicking some ass if that was my spotter!!

MK2002 is offline New Member
    Hi, quite new here.
    Last week I was doing heavy barbell shrugs on the smith machine. Anyway, I load up one side and start looking around the gym for more plates for the other. As I turn my back one of those fitness dudes (this one look like some professional dancer, or something) takes a few plates from what I thought was the plate pins on the smith machine. Anyway, I load up the other side and start. My right shoulder shoots up faster than my left...he'd only taken them from the barbell. Admittedly, I should have noticed beforehand, but anyway how bloody ignorant can you get...I was not pleased!

Originally posted by MK2002
    Hi, quite new here.
    Last week I was doing heavy barbell shrugs on the smith machine. Anyway, I load up one side and start looking around the gym for more plates for the other. As I turn my back one of those fitness dudes (this one look like some professional dancer, or something) takes a few plates from what I thought was the plate pins on the smith machine. Anyway, I load up the other side and start. My right shoulder shoots up faster than my left...he'd only taken them from the barbell. Admittedly, I should have noticed beforehand, but anyway how bloody ignorant can you get...I was not pleased!
    What a bloody idiot is right. I hope you gave the git a piece of your mind.

BTW, Welcome to AR bro,

Methuselah is offline Member
    I hate when some bright eyed, light in the loafers type is prancing around in the gym doig a few reps of everything and moving from machine to machine at the speed of light like a bee in a clover patch; while the whole time trying to be next to everyone one trying to make eye contact. Almost makes me want to leave. Wrecks the intensity for me. I go to a pretty inexpensive gym; I mean, I would expect that at Bally's, that's why I don't go there.

Originally posted by Methuselah
    I hate when some bright eyed, light in the loafers type is prancing around in the gym doig a few reps of everything and moving from machine to machine at the speed of light like a bee in a clover patch; while the whole time trying to be next to everyone one trying to make eye contact. Almost makes me want to leave. Wrecks the intensity for me. I go to a pretty inexpensive gym; I mean, I would expect that at Bally's, that's why I don't go there.
    The gym is a place to lift, get big, get strong, and not for playing around. I take it seriously, and wish everyone else did too.

Now AR on the other hand, that is for play

(I do take the things I learn here serious however)

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    WELL LET ME GET MY TWO CENTS IN i was at this local gymdoing cardio cuzz im fat and i know it the local trainer dude who dont look that great tobegin with starts laughing at me while he has one of his trainees i got so fucking mad i stopped my cardio walk up to him and ask him step outside he nearly shit his pants i dont go there anymore gym sucks i train at home!!

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I seen the same shit too

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Well here my input:

Once there was this guy (around 170-180 pounds, 5'6) and its pretty obvious the guy hasn't got a lot of experiance with the wieghts... Anyhow, it was me, him and maybe like 4 other guys in the whole Gym (so the place was pretty much empty)but here is the catch: there was this HOT blonde receptionist at the gym desk... So he racks up 315 on the bench, and instead of call'n one of the boys this casanova decides that he want to impress this chick by asking her to spot him... Now the chick couldn't have wieghed more then 110 pounds... The guy lifts the wieght does 1/2 rep, before the wieght comes crash'n down... The chick is sreaming, the guy is in serious pain, and I'm trying my best to keep from laughing my ass-off as I pull the wieght off his chest...
    Needless to say the retard was never seen again

The funniest thing is when you see this kid with a bunch of heavy weight on the bar (while on the bench) and he has five guys spotting him, because in actuality those guys are helping him lift the weight.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    And if your gym doesn't have one......................then you are the idot.............XXL

Penetrator is offline Junior Member

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I got a story too, just an airhead of a guy. I work in a gym as a trainer, and another trainer who works with me competes. She's in kick-ass shape for a 31 year old with an 11 year old kid. Anyways, this dude has a habit of doing absolutely shit all. I even overheard him say one time, "Whenever I do bench, I know it's working because my calves are sore." ? Wtf? Anyways, back to the story, a few of us are in the Family changeroom watching her pose for her competiton, when this dude walks in (same bench-press-calve-workout guy) and looks at her, rips his shirt off and says she should work her calves more, after doing a most muscular pose. Then he looks over at the other trainers in the gym and winks and sucks in his fat belly. We're all trying not to laugh at this shithead, but 2 seconds later, he turns around and yells out, "You should do some bench presses, they'll get those calves working." And he was dead serious. Somma bitch.

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    Thats a funny one ....

BLOOD is offline Associate Member
    My gym is in my basement, the only idiot there is me.

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    never lifted in a gym

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

The best I've Ever Seen

At a gym i used to workout at there was a guy of about a slightly above average build, but, admittedly, incredibly strong for his build...though you'll see not at all smart enough for it. Anyway, he's doing preacher curls with the cambered bar, and he has a 45 and 10 pound plate on each side. Finishes up his set (good reps, but screaming unnecessarily the whole time) and strips both the 45 and 10 off of ONE side and heads to the other side only to turn to a buddy to chat. Now, the rest of this i see in complete slow motion...the kind that is supposed to be reserved for near-death experiences. The bar teetered ever so slightly, then caught whatever litte neutron of gravity it had been waiting for and the unloaded side catapulted up in the air right as he turned and bent to resume stripping his bar and (honestly) that empty side of the bar cracked him right in the jaw with the loudest crack i've heard in soem time. he stumbled around for about two seconds then went down, got up, and staggered to a bench to shake it off. Only myself and about five other people witnessed it, and no one believes us.

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Cool DON'T YOU JUST HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS? LOL

Originally posted by lil_josh
    the stupidest shit ive seen is me getting stuck on the smith squat machine in the early morning with no one in the gym pretty much
    Same here, LJ. Twice in fact. Once I got stuck under a barbell while attempting an incline bench and no one was in the gym. Fortunately, I was able to lean the barbell over and allow the weights to fall off.

My second time was trying to press about 400 pounds on the leg press machine (during my smaller days) after a hard leg workout. I brought the weights down and my legs cramped up. I had to get 2 gym workers to help pull it off of me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information