Capone1153 is offline New Member

HIIT vs Long Duration

I've been doing a consistant 30 min of cardio every morning on an empty stomach at 60-75% my max heart rate...blah blah blah (all standerd stuff)

Yesterday im reading on bodybuilding.com how that it is now thought to not be the best from; that I should be doing 15-20 min HIIT (at 15 seconds all out sprint (95% max), 45 seconds slow jog (50% max)) in the morning AFTER eating a high protien meal. It also said that this was the better way for muscle retention.

so which one is best for mucsle rentention????? (and obviously fat loss)

thanks
    -Capone

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    HIIT consists of a full intensity exercise for a short duration of time, followed by a duration of rest/recovery. This is repeated 15-20 times. Does this sound familiar? That's right, it is identical to weightlifting. Now, ask yourself - does fat loss occur while you are lifting?

I'll try to think of what they may be thinking when promoting a high protein meal BEFORE HIIT, but for the life of me, I can't even think of what they THINK it may be helping.

ok yeah i had come to pretty much the same conclucion...

maybe the idea was to supply your muscles with protien so they would have energy during the exercise and not burn the muscle for energy??? just an idea i was drawing a blank too.

Do you have a link to this article?

I could not find the exact article i was referring to but here are a few things...

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp

this is the thread on that site that started this whole debate in my mind: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...?threadid=99420 the guy on there str8flexed is in my mind anyway very onpoint generally with what he says.

This HIIT crap is really pissing me off because i like to do everything the PEFFECT way, and usally i can weed through the **** and find out which is better but this is one case where i am lost.

****ing cardio.

I'm shocked by a lot of things in this thread. The first one is how often this str8flexed guy changes his mind on things. First you do cardio on an empty stomach. Then you need to eat pre and post. Then make sure you have glutamine. OH, silly me, I was young and foolish. Glutamine isn't necessary. OH, and did I mention that HIIT is the best way now? Holy $hit, he has me confused. Sounds to me like he changes his mind towards whatever article he read last.

Thread Information