TOTHEEND is offline Junior Member

cant seem to construct a proper routine

iv been trying so much to do that but it dosnt seem to work out for me. just so u guys know my goal is to cut down from 17% bf to around 12 or 13 at this point. i cant make two trips to the gym a day because of work scheduale so im having problems with the cardio because i have to do it immediately after lifting then drink my pwo 20g pro 40g dex..... another issue is the split i cant seem to decide on a proper one shall i train one muscle a day or 2? do i construct the schedual on the basis of week days or training days? what about the cheat day do i train in that day? ill appreciate all the help guys
    tahnx

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    1. pick a split. i like 5 on 2 off. some go 2 on 2 off, 2on 1 off, 3 on 1 off.

2. well if you goal is to loose wait i would concentrate on the cardio and lift for a shorter amount of time but more intense.

3. build your training schedule around your work shedule.

4. cheat day, mine is every sunday, i usualy dont lift on sunday but might do cardio.

ripped525 is offline Junior Member
    I like to train 5 days on 2 off
    mon chest
    tues back
    wed delts and traps
    thurs legs
    fri arms
    do only 10-15 sets per group, as for cardio ur on your own bc i never do it, i have an ectomorph body type, i can eat like 4000cal a day and stay ripped at 175lbs

TOTHEEND is offline Junior Member
    thanx for the replies guys , but the problem lyes in the cardio part...... if it was only lifting i would have no problems..... i need to know if it is ok to do my cardio after lifting and how much would that affect my progress and pwo nutrition. do i still take in dex after doing cardio which is done right after lifting?

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped525
    I like to train 5 days on 2 off
    mon chest
    tues back
    wed delts and traps
    thurs legs
    fri arms
    do only 10-15 sets per group, as for cardio ur on your own bc i never do it, i have an ectomorph body type, i can eat like 4000cal a day and stay ripped at 175lbs

10-15 sets may be overtraining at 175 lbs... im the same weight and i only do 9-12 sets per muscle group... do you usually hit 4k cals a day? thats impressive bro...

doby48 is offline Female Member
    I work cardio heavy cause I'm a cyclist and here is my routine:

Mon - Chest, Tris - Cardio 2hr
    Tue - Legs, Abs - Cardio 45 min
    Wed - Rest
    Thur - Back, Bis - Cardio 2hr
    Fri - Shoulders, Legs - Cardio 45 min
    Sat - Abs - Cardio 4-6hr

For Cardio, you can do lots of things other than going to the gym. Ride you bike jog, etc. If you are having problems doing cardio then add some walking into your routine. another thing I do when I am not focusing on strength training and focusing more on my cardio is do about 15min cardio at target HR, then left. Then after lifting do cardio from about 45min. This gets your HR up a bit before workout that depending on your pace of lifting can actually be aerobic if lifting lighter higher reps.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Thread Information