PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

DC method while on a cycle...

What is better when you're on a cycle? using the DC method or 5 days on 2 days off? I'm just kind of curious b/c you'd think the DC method would not work out certain bodyparts enough per workout since you're only doing one excercise per bodypart

IronAdam is offline Member
    The point of DC is to work out all of your muscles more times per week, allowing for more growth. You can't train in the typical fashion twice a week without over training. Now you are training each body part 1/week, on DC you'll be training each part 2/week.

I don't like DC much, but use some of the methods in my usual routine. Like an extended length negative phase, deep stretching and low rep heavy weight sets twice a week.

Give it a try before cycle to see if you like it. It take a while to get used to the new system and what weight to use. It would probably be better to sort that out before the cycle starts.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    What is better when you're on a cycle? using the DC method or 5 days on 2 days off? I'm just kind of curious b/c you'd think the DC method would not work out certain bodyparts enough per workout since you're only doing one excercise per bodypart
    I honestly don't see how anyone who has tried another system of training could ever go back to the 5 on 2off type of volume training split, its just absolutely terrible and doesn't make sense.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    when we say "5 on 2 off" are we referring to every bodypart once a week?

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    If you are looking to gain the most mass in the shortest time, than this program will do it.

This program is not for everyone though, it is the toughest program I have ever done but with the most gains and strength ever, clean or not...

Swellin Guest
    I think it would be a great program for a cycle. However, you need to try it first...so you can get everything sorted out, before going on your cycle. It took me a great deal of time in researching, then I had to get help from some guys who use these methods. It took me almost four weeks of training to get the workouts and the weights figured out.

BTW, In-Human is one of DC's clients...so when he says this is the toughest program he has ever done....he knows what he is talking about.
    I agree, this is the most brutal program I have ever tried. The pain is not the same as being sore...this actually just hurts like hell. You learn to get used to it...make friends with it.

Research the methods thuroughly, then give it a try. There are people who can help with setting up the training, or at least point you in the right direction for reading. I can help with the info, but you need more help than I can give for the training.

sorry guys I forgot to mention I've been on DC naturally for the past 2 months. I've gained alot of strength from it but I was thinking if you're only doing one excercise per muscle group twice a week would that be enough? Because I know if you're on AS you can do more and workout longer.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Yeah thats what i was wondering... I was actually considering doing every muscle twice a week but with increased volume, like 12 or 15 sets? so like Chest/back 15 sets of each one day... what do you think of that one.

Swellin Guest
    If you are doing DC, are you using 100% compound movements? Are you incorporating a 6-8 second negative on each rep of your work set? Are you then incorporating rest pauses? Are you using static holds?

I know that my ability to recover off cycle, will not allow me to use all of this and train to failure. I am probably pushing it just a bit with the rest pauses. I know that incorporating statics would be too much, and would result in overtraining. However, I realize that I recover much faster while on cycle. As such, I will begin to incorporate statics at that point.

If you buy into the whole training philosophy, then you should be able to see how this would be more beneficial during a cycle than when you are training naturally.

Are you a paying client of DC's? If so, your diet should be helping you make great gains, and will during the cycle. I am using the training principles now, and incorporating what little I know about the diet. I can't wait until cycle time!

If you are not a client, why don't you post your workouts and see if there is anything that might be modified for you while you're on your cycle.

sorry guys I forgot to mention I've been on DC naturally for the past 2 months. I've gained alot of strength from it but I was thinking if you're only doing one excercise per muscle group twice a week would that be enough? Because I know if you're on AS you can do more and workout longer.
    Well to tell you the truth, you will be able to do more weight when you are "on", but you will be taxed a lot faster then when you are clean, I have seen some guys clean go 12 weeks before they need a cruise and some guys that are "on" last 4 weeks.

The idea behind this whole program is to get in as many bodyparts per week and being able to recouperate and grow from all that work, so if you want the most gain you must do the program and diet the way it is laid out...

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member

I thought the same thing about not having enough volume, till I started using the methods, and it was plenty to help me grow and gain strength even off cycle.

This is what my DC workout looks like; I've changed it up a bit since I started. I do 2 warm up sets and one working set. I do rest pause sets with everything except for hams and quads. If you're wondering why I have standing calf raises on all my leg days is because nothing else I do seems to work them out enough to get a good pump, same with the hammercurls with forearms.
    Day 1(mon)
    Bench Press
    Overhead Dumbell Press
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Lat Pull-downs (front)
    Dead Lifts

Day 2(wed)
    Standing Barbell Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Standing Calf Raises
    Hamstring Press
    Quad Extensions

Day 3(fri)
    Decline Bench Press
    Upright Rows
    Barbell Pullovers
    Wide Grip Pull-Ups
    T-bar Rows

Day 4(mon)
    Preacher Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Standing Calve Raises
    Lying Hamstring Curls
    Squats

Day 5(wed)
    Incline Bench Press
    Machine Military Press
    Overhead Extensions
    Lat Pull-downs (Behind Head)
    Seated Rows

Day 6(fri)
    Seated Dumbell Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Standing Calve Raises
    Hamstring Press
    Leg Press

what kind of gains do you guys get on this program anyways? Is 7 lbs of muscle in 2 months pretty average?

This is what my DC workout looks like; I've changed it up a bit since I started. I do 2 warm up sets and one working set. I do rest pause sets with everything except for hams and quads. If you're wondering why I have standing calf raises on all my leg days is because nothing else I do seems to work them out enough to get a good pump, same with the hammercurls with forearms.
    Day 1(mon)
    Bench Press
    Overhead Dumbell Press
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Lat Pull-downs (front)
    Dead Lifts

Day 2(wed)
    Standing Barbell Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Standing Calf Raises
    Hamstring Press
    Quad Extensions

Day 3(fri)
    Decline Bench Press
    Upright Rows
    Barbell Pullovers
    Wide Grip Pull-Ups
    T-bar Rows

Day 4(mon)
    Preacher Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Standing Calve Raises
    Lying Hamstring Curls
    Squats

Day 5(wed)
    Incline Bench Press
    Machine Military Press
    Overhead Extensions
    Lat Pull-downs (Behind Head)
    Seated Rows

Day 6(fri)
    Seated Dumbell Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Standing Calve Raises
    Hamstring Press
    Leg Press
    We do not r/p Quads, Forearms, Calves, Back Thickness and Sumos or SLDL, we always do straight sets for these bodyparts...

MrDezel is offline Banned
    I just printed out the long ass post that Doggcrapp a.k.a. Dante posted and at first I didn't think it would be good at all but once I got to page 4 I was drooling getting ready for it. If you really think about it as you read it you will see that everything he says is the god honest truth and that you will be a monster in no time on his plan.

Can't wait to try it!!!!

Also, not to get off subject but what is a hamstring press?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDezel
    I just printed out the long ass post that Doggcrapp a.k.a. Dante posted and at first I didn't think it would be good at all but once I got to page 4 I was drooling getting ready for it. If you really think about it as you read it you will see that everything he says is the god honest truth and that you will be a monster in no time on his plan.

Can't wait to try it!!!!

Also, not to get off subject but what is a hamstring press?
    Hamstring Press would be called a Sumo Press, and on a Leg Press with your feet at the very top outer edges with only your heels on the platform, and your feet pointed out, come down all the way, explode up to the top and control the negative coming down.

This will not work on all Leg Press machines, you have to see if it is the right machine for you to do this exercise...

Swellin Guest
    It works like a charm on a cybex!

Thread Information