xfade7 is offline Member

Is this routine any good?

Monday: Squats, Leg presses, Walking Lunges, Superset Leg Extensions and Leg Curls, Seated calf raises.

Tuesday: Barbell Bench Press, Incline Dumbell Presses, Dumbell Flyes.

Wednesday: Chin-ups, Narrow-Grip Pullups, Wide-grip Pullups, Supermans (lay on your stomach and simultaniously curve ur back by rasing your arms and legs), Abs. Cardio.

Thursday: Seated Dumbell Curls, Hammer Curls, Close-Grip Bench presses, Close Grip Cable Pushdowns.

Friday: Seated Dumbell press, Lateral Raises, Dumbell Upright Rows.

Saturday: Abs and Cardio.

Sunday: Cheat/Off-day.

Note: Feel Free to Rip apart this routine, tell me whats overworking/underworking. Which exercises would be better to develop what.. etc. Oh, and my cardio isnt exactly on that schedule.. I do it when I have time, 2-3 times a week.

xfade7

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    What are you training for?
    If its for overall mass and strength then i would include deadlifts in your back workout.
    I would drop form 6 days a week to 4, maybe 5 max. I wouldnt put bi's directly after back as they will already be fatigued.
    Monday: Chest, Delts
    Tuesday: Back

Thursday:Legs Calves
    Friday : Arms

Alternatley
    MON:Arms
    Tues: Legs

Thur: Chest (split delts between thur and fri)
    Fri:Back

OR

MON: Back(split delts between mon and tuesday)
    Tues:Chest

Thur: legs
    Fri: Arms

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    i like 4 days splits with rest days on wed sat and sun. You only have 1 rest day so you will overtrain IMO if you arent juicing. Aim to condense and definately add deadlift - most important exercise i find.....

xfade7 is offline Member
    Overall mass and strength is my #1 goal but I also like to be cut and defined.

I worked my legs sunday ( this is what I call mon..), and yesterday I work chest.. what do u recommend based off of this, for this week.. I can change next week of course.

xfade7

Note: I am mainly training for football, but want to be cut and defined also.

xfade7 is offline Member
    Would this work?

Mon: legs
    Tues: chest
    wed: rest
    Thurs: back/shoulders
    fri: arms

xfade7

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I wouldnt put arms and shoulders next to each other at all. One would be sore as hell and wouldnt get a good work out at all, given you beat the $hit out of it like you should if you want to bulk. Oh yeah, speaking of bulking and cutting, aint gonna happen at the same time. Bulk for a month or two then cut up. Otherwise youll gain like 5lbs a year. This is what I do:

Mon: shoulders/traps
    Tues: legs
    Wed: chest/abs
    Thurs: rest/eat/go fishing
    Fri: back/traps
    Sat: arms/abs
    Sun: rest/eat/go fishing

Alternating upper body and lower body is a good idea to keep from being sore all the time. The 2x traps is optional, my partner and I do it like that because we werent getting the pumps we wanted in our traps, plus its a pretty big muscle w/ only a few things that can be done to it so they can take it. Work abs inbetween your last sets on wed n sat. I have been on this routine for a while and its pretty sweet.

Thread Information