birsling is offline Member

New split opinions. Getting bored with old one

Alright guys and gals, this is my first official post on the board. My current condition and goals are in my sig. I am just short of 25 yrs old (September). I am married with a child, so I am not sure about doing a cycle. Just not sure about bringing the pins around them. I am big genetically though, so physique is not the problem (pics are coming).

As my sig says, I used to be really fat. I did the Body for Life, and continue to work out like that. Lately, I have lost the motivation, and I think that the problem is I am tired of the BFL split. If you are not familiar it is lifting every other day (alternating upper and lower body) and cardio every other day. Here is the split I am thinking about. What is your opinion, and will it help me acheive my goals.

New split:

Monday - Chest, light back
    Tuesday - Bi's, Tri's, Abs, Cardio (25-45 mins interval)
    Wed - Legs
    Thursday - Shoulders, Abs, Cardio
    Friday - Back, light chest
    Saturday - Cardio
    Sunday - Rest

Any help is very appreciated. Started the new split yesterday, and chest and back feel great today.

rujulus is offline Junior Member
    Not bad bro, JMO you might want to switch up the first part of the week just for the fact that your hitting a lot of you upperbody all at once.....

My 5-day split goes a like this:
    Mon-Leg's
    Tues-Chest
    Wed-REST
    Thur-Back
    Fri-Bi's/Tri's
    Sat-Shoulder's
    Sun-REST

you're probably right bro. That is a good idea. I will see how it goes this week and maybe move it around. Where in Chi are you? I am in the far North burbs. Work in Vernon Hills

As of now Schaumburg.....moved bout a yr ago from the north side right off harlem if you know were the HIP is (Harlem/Irving Plaza) lived right across the street...

Schaumburg can be a good time. I have a good buddy that lives in Addison. It's cool meeting somebody on the board close to home. Hit me up if you want/need to

Oh yeah Addison is like 10-15 min. away from my house I'm actually going to be out there tonight at Auntie Pasto's... $4 martini's on Wed. nights and a bunch of hot italian girl's...

I like hot Italian girls, and there is nothing wrong with $4 martinis. I will have to make it down that way soon.

Quake is offline Member
    I agree with rujulus, bi's and tri's definitely on a friday, doing them early on in the week will effect your training intensity for your other body parts. And seeing as you've been doing it for a while you should up your cardio to every day for 5 days and have 2 days off.

Cool, maybe I will try that starting next week. Thanks for the feedback bounce. BTW, that is one crazy a** avatar

Thread Information