Thread: Body Split

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member

Question Body Split

Is it cool to do a 6 on 1 off workout spit? Basically my EOD is 4 sets of 6 exercies to failure. The other days I just usually do light cardio and abs. I want to start utilizing those days. Is this ok or do I need more recovery time? I know its silly but I just want to make sure what you guys think.

RollPlayer is offline Junior Member
    It shouldn't be a problem. I do 5 days a week, sometimes 6. I only train one bodypart a day, light cardio 3 days, abs/calves 3 days. As long as you're sleeping at night you should be fine. Are you getting enough sleep?

ripped525 is offline Junior Member
    Your motivation is obvisouly through the roof but just be smart about your recovery time. remember you dont build muscle in the gym, ive read multiple sources saying u should have 4 off days per week!!! i only go 5, 6 days is to much. And when u say
    The other days I just usually do light cardio and abs. I want to start utilizing those days.
    what other days are u talking about..lol??? if ur doing an 6:1 on off , then u only have one day to rest, u need atleast two, unless ur sum genetic freak.

didnt read ya right my bad, i thought u said u lift 6 days a week and wanted to lift on the 7th one too

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Nah.... no gentic freak here.. What I meant was currently I just go EOD and do 1 body part (5 or 6 exercises @ 4 sets to failure each set). On those inbetween days I take off and do light cardio. I want to start doing "Other" bodyparts on those days currently Im taking off and doing cardio only. Ok cool. Then I will just do legs 3x week and take that 7th day completely off.

Its just this gear makes me want to be in the gym allday everyday thats all, but I know I need to rest to recover to build. As for sleep, I usually get about 6-8 hours with about 3 interruptions to piss out the 2 gallons of water I consume a day. LOL

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    i train 6 days a wk and every other wk 7 days so like 13 days out of two wks. i go heavy and don't do alot of volume,and i am making great strength gains,but it all depends on your recovery time.

Its just this gear makes me want to be in the gym allday everyday thats all, but I know I need to rest to recover to build. As for sleep, I usually get about 6-8 hours with about 3 interruptions to piss out the 2 gallons of water I consume a day. LOL
    if ur on gear bro u should do a 3 day split, 2 off then repeat, this will allow u to work ur muscles out 3x in 2 weeks, u might even be able to do a 2 day split the AS gives u faster recovery time

Thread Information