se11 is offline Associate Member

Heavy Negitaves on Bicep workout

In my bicep workouts, I like to do heavy seated hammer curls with negitaves(if you read M&F, you'd probally have seen this in like last months issue). I decided to add it into my workout and I like doing one really heavy set. But, when should I do it? Should I begin with it, or do it second. I tried doing it third and couldn't get all 8 reps in. This is my usual workout, allthough I often change it around to not get bored:

Incline Curls or Standing Barbell Curls(2 warm up + 3 regular)
    Seated Dumbell Curls or Standing Dumbell Curls(3 sets)
    -Heavy Negitaves 1 set(I tried it doesn't work, so I need to change it up)
    Standing Hammer Curls(2 sets)
    Concentration Curls(2 sets)

Where do you think the heavy negitaves would fit in best I usually work my bi's once every 5-6 days. Can anyone help me out? thnx

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    have you read anythiing on static training???

1-2 rep max............ and the next day you wont be able to bend your arms..

jmo and experience..

if you can do a heavy neg at the begining.. you aren't exerting enough....

but then if i don't pop a blood vessel.. i need to add 10 lbs to the lift... be safe
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

im not talking about like extreme heavy, im talkin about just enough to get 5-6 reps and then 2-3 forced onces, im not planning on doing 1-2 and not being able to move the next day

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by se11
    im not planning on doing 1-2 and not being able to move the next day
    Why the hell not? It's sweet!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

"there are three types of muscular failure... 1) concentric failure - simply means you can't lift the weight again. 2) static failure - your muscles are so wiped out that you can't even hold the weight statically at any point in the range of motion. 3) eccentric failure - this the point where you can't control the weight as you lower it, regardless of what tempo you're using. Going to static failure places a greater demand on your body (a greater training stimulis), rather than simply stopping when you can't push or pull anymore." Me

Because eccentric failure should lead you to total failure - I would place it at the end of your routine. Unless you final movement is not a free weight exercise...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior

"there are three types of muscular failure... 1) concentric failure - simply means you can't lift the weight again. 2) static failure - your muscles are so wiped out that you can't even hold the weight statically at any point in the range of motion. 3) eccentric failure - this the point where you can't control the weight as you lower it, regardless of what tempo you're using. Going to static failure places a greater demand on your body (a greater training stimulis), rather than simply stopping when you can't push or pull anymore." Me

Because eccentric failure should lead you to total failure - I would place it at the end of your routine. Unless you final movement is not a free weight exercise...

ok thanks, this helped alot

Thread Information