big daddy k de is offline Senior Member

Angry my sciatica is killing me

My sciatica is killing me evry time i get up my my leg feels stiff and it kills the pain is the wost in my hip glute area and i feel it in the back of my kneee and at my anckel. What can i do to make this better .. It is seriously afecting my workout cant bend and strech to well becous of it . I have been pushing allong hoping it will get better with time but its been 4 weeks. I have heard of this happening to preg women but not to 18y/o men... anyone know what i can do to make my leg better ...it really sux

Quake is offline Member
    See an osteopath! All the things you described are questions I was asked by my osteopath. I don't know what it means if you are experiencing pain down the back of your legs, but my osteopath was interested in that. My pain is just in my hips and base of spine, I've had two sessions and feel 200% better! Still can't go heavy on certain exercises, and at the moment squatting is completely out of question, but the pain I am feeling now is marginal compared to the pain I was feeling before I went to the osteopath. Definitely recommended!

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Ive had the same problem bro. I hate to tell you this, but stay away from leg workouts for awhile. I think thats what aggravated mine. Also, make sure you bend your knees when you lift things, because that affects it too. I noticed mine about a year ago, it kinda happened gradually. It was around May, and by the time Oct. came around the pain was unbearable. I still lifted, but was careful. Around december I went to an orthopedist, and he told me i had a herniated disk (L1, S5 i believe) which is the lowest disk. I ended up going to physical therapy, getting ultrasound and electronic stimulation done, along with some weight (light weight of course). It helped after awhile, but im still not 100%. I try to be careful all the time, because I dont want to go back to the way I was a few months ago. Any other questions feel free to PM me. Good luck bro.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    i went to the chiropractor today... they did electo stem and ultrsound on my ass.... then i went to the gym ...didnt feel any better but it did feel better after i was done working out .... and then i sit to watch tv and get up and boom its back ...im just going to keep on moving it and hope it goes away

AdamK is offline New Member
    I completly ruptured a disk in my back about a year and a half ago, that was a real treat! The L5-S1 disk was completly ruptured and compressing my Sciatic nerve. The next day, I was unable to get out of bed, every movement I made, I felt like white hot lightning going down my leg, but that was the easy part, the really fun part was dealing with workman's comp. I had my surgery a yr and a half ago, I could hardly walk after the surgery, it was a real ego buster, going from very fit and strong to, fat and hooked on hillbilly herion. I got my life back together, I started to squat a couple of months ago, I don't go past 260, I ususally squat 225 with reps in 25-27 range. The book is coming out next month, nahhh BS! I would still keep training your legs, stay away from direct weight on your back, squats, deads, presses. I would still do leg extentions, and hip sled but go light, I would probably get an MRI, if you dont have insurance they are about 900 dollars. I would stay away from having surgery if you can, because they will heal for the most part over time, not 100% obviously, but get checked out, there is my 2 cents, hope you get better.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Herniated discs will do that to the sciatic nerve. Very unpleasant and if you keep doing what it is that caused the problem, it will NOT go away without surgery. Stay away from dead lifts and squats. Stay away from incline push ups.
    My pain lasted for about 2 years. Some weeks it was ok, other weeks I couldnt drive or sit unless I had to. I was only able to sleep out of pure exhaustion or sleeping pills.

Good times. Get insurance, get an MRI, and get it fixed.

birsling is offline Member
    I agree, I would definitely see somebody. Probably go to an MD, and a chiropractor just to get conflicting opinions (usually MD will talk surgery, chiro will talk therapy). Sometimes inversion therapy can help quite a bit. It helps with compression fatigue, which CAN cause sciatic problems. Ask a doc about what they think of inversion therapy. If that helps, that is a cheap fix (about $325 for an awesome inversion table you can use at home).

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    See a doctor ASAP. Stop doing Dead lifts and squats.

Thread Information