biggun24 is offline Associate Member

mass building work out plan

im on my 2nd week of a deca /test e cycle. im 6'3 170, wanting to gain good mass and strength. right now my work out is

monday- shoulders,chest, tri's
    tuesday- off
    wednesday-legs
    thursday-off
    friday-back and bi's
    saturday-some forearm work
    sunday-off
    and abs everyday

im doing 4 sets of 8 on most workouts. ive been doin this for 4 weeks now and still get sore after working out, am i giving my muscles to much rest? i feel like i could work every day but i dont want to over train. also im eating like crazy. should i just keep eating as much as i can and whatever i can or are there certain things i should and shouldnt eat. and advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by biggun24; 06-22-2004 at 06:23 PM.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    WTF why are you doing shoulders chest and tris in the same workout? If I was jew i would split it up like this...

M-Shoulders/Traps
    T-Legs
    W-Chest
    R-Off
    F-Back
    S-Arms/Forearms
    S-Off

This is what I do, and just beat the FVCK out of the muscle when you work out. Don't do abs every day, you won't be able to see them if you're doing a mass building routine anyway. Twice a week is plenty. Also, start off your workouts with compound movements (you can move the most heavy weight.) Bench, Deadlift, Military and Squat. Keep the reps around 4 to 6 for building strength and mass rather than endurance. Eat protein and carbs, and tons of them. Every 2 or 3 hours you should have a full meal. Look up bulking diets on this site.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    good advice, AandF.. i agree

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    agreed, get your diet in check..look at the diet forum, do one body part per day and have 2 days off. Higher number of sets for bigger muscles, lower numbers for smaller.

No cardio!

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    WTF why are you doing shoulders chest and tris in the same workout? If I was jew i would split it up like this...

M-Shoulders/Traps
    T-Legs
    W-Chest
    R-Off
    F-Back
    S-Arms/Forearms
    S-Off

This is what I do, and just beat the FVCK out of the muscle when you work out. Don't do abs every day, you won't be able to see them if you're doing a mass building routine anyway. Twice a week is plenty. Also, start off your workouts with compound movements (you can move the most heavy weight.) Bench, Deadlift, Military and Squat. Keep the reps around 4 to 6 for building strength and mass rather than endurance. Eat protein and carbs, and tons of them. Every 2 or 3 hours you should have a full meal. Look up bulking diets on this site.
    Yeah dude, deffinetly. Ive been workin out with this dip$hit for a year and a half and Ive gained 50lbs of muscle. We have been doing one muscle group per day and once tried the two a day, it was way harder and took 2 hrs for a workout. The diet thing is essential, mad protien and carbs. The dollar menu at mcdonalds is the holy grail after the work out.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    hahaha i can eat mcdonalds on saturday!!! yay!!!

god d.amn diet....

Thread Information