josh8416 is offline Associate Member

Am I Overtraining????

alright guys i do each muscle every 5 days. im currently on 1st cycle of test 250. is this not enough time to rest? i do, arms and back together one day, rest the next, chest and shoulders, rest, then legs, rest...etc.... also am i overtraining my arms cuase they will NOT grow at all. everything else is growing but them....heres my arm workout

Dumbell curls-3 set of 8
    skull crushers-4 set of 6
    preacher dumbell curl-2 set of 8, 2 set of 6
    pull downs- 2 set of 8, 1 set of 6, 1 set of 4(more wieght each time)
    hammer curls-3 set of 8, superset with kick backs
    overhead extensions-3 set of 8
    cheater curls-burnout

should i do this, or should i pyramid? for some reason since my 1st shot i havent gained anything really, like half an inch. and im on week 6...well let me know what yall think...thanks

sore24/7 is offline Associate Member
    Your not overtraining in my book. Make sure your caloric intake is in check. Because that is key no matter what.

ya i usually eat about 6 times a day, including 1 protein shake. i get anywhere from 4000-5000 calories a day. everything else is growing, besides arms im soooo confused becuase before juice they grew easily. well any suggestions will help, thanks alot

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Seems fine to me bro, gl

well im confused then. am i not doing enough sets? not enough reps? i dont know usually i do more wieght then i can with a spotter, and still nothing. my chest and shoulders are growing and everything but my arms seem to be stuck and it sucks, cause i wanted them to get the biggest..anyone else have this problem??? if so how did u solve it...Jason

anybody else have anything to say?????????? they are still not growing, im on week 9 now...

snowman is offline Senior Member
    Did you try doing arms alone ? not with your back.... maybe by the time you do your arms, you wasted all your energy in your back.... i do arms 2 times a week ( monday , light with chest, then on thursday heavy by it self ).... on the light day i pick just one exercise, and do 5 sets ( one week might be just barbel curls, the next monday, might be cable curls, or hammer curls) on the heavy days, i do almost the same exercise's you do.

Try doing some seated biceps, triceps on the lat pull down machine (or with a weight behind your head), get a olympic bench press bar or a 45 pound bar throw some weight on it and hold it behind your back with your arms roll the bar down into ur finger tips and then roll it back up into your palm and curl your wrist up and repeat(pretty good thing for forearms I think), and do some lateral raises... that's the best I can think of to help your arms. I don't think your overtraining sounds pretty decent

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Try this routine

Day 1 - Biceps/Triceps
    Day 2 - Legs
    Day 3 - REST
    Day 4 - Chest
    Day 5 - Back
    Day 6 - REST
    Day 7 - Shoulders

Add in Forearms on workout days where you feel you still have the energy to do them.

ya i was going to change to one muscle a week, but i feel like thats not enough. i got more results when i did arms 2 times a week, now im doing each muscle every 5 days. im almost done with my test only 1st cycle and i have only gained like half an inch in my arms. thats 10 weeks of working out, im really dissapointed. im now doing standing barbell curls, incline seated dumbells, hammer curls and concentation curls for bi's 3 set of 8 and im doing drop sets on each excercise. tris im doing pull downs, overhead extensions, kick backs, dips, and skull crushers!!!!!!!!! why wont they grow???????????

oh and on arm days i do bi then tri, bi then tri. etc!

sorry one more thing, i dont do arms and back together anymore, i havent really in like 5 weeks and have not seen any results!!! arms have there own day.

brian11 is offline Member
    Squats and Dead Lifts = bigger arms. You must do your legs to get big everywhere else.

-B-

ya man im doing legs once a week. i do 5 things for upper part of legs, and 4 things for calfs, 3 set of 8. i just dont understand. im done with the cycle now and only gained like 1 inch at most. dunno

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Everyone has dif. genetics bro but in general it looks fine to me.

alright guys i worked out with this guy today, has 23 inch arms on cold day. he told me do arms every monday and thursday. on monday just do like 2 things for bi's 3 set of 8 heavy and 2 things for tri's 3 set of 8 heavy. then on thursday just kill them. so now i do bi, bi, bi, tri, tri, tri, burnout bi burnout tri. i use to do the tri then bi, tri then bi. i did the new workout today and omg i cant flex, everything hurts, like a good hurt though. i think it might be better to keep hitting my bi's. heres what workout things i did:

seated dumbells-3 set 8, drop set last set
    hammer curls-" "
    reverse straight bar curl" "
    standing straight bar curl-" "
    pull downs" "
    overhead extensions" "
    dips with 45lb on stomach " " SS kickbacks

i will see how this goes, so far it was the best arm workout ive done...thanks

Thread Information