Rhino58 is offline Senior Member

Arms going numb during workout.

I was lifting yesterday nothing out of the ordinary. After a set of tripcep extensions both my arms started to go numb. I tried to ignore it but I couldn't even feel the weight in my hand. I hope it isnt the same today, Any help????

pvgirl08 is offline Female Member
    I'm no doctor but it sounds like you may have pinched a nerve or something. I impinged a nerve in my shoulder and my whole arm and hand would go numb here and there or feel tingly. I guess if it keeps on you better go see a doctor. That could really mess up your workout. Good Luck!

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Was the numbness mostly in your hand, or throughout your whole arm?

Quake is offline Member
    See a doc. Worst case I've heard of with this type of symptom was my friends dad. He was extremely fit and exercised regularly, a marathon runner and long distance cycler. He went to see the doc several times complaining of his left foot going numb/dead. The doc sent him away quite a few times telling him it would pass etc. At too late a time they finally checked him out properly and discovered that one of the arteries from his heart had split and blood was running down inside of him gathering in his left leg. By this time it was too late and he had to have his leg amputated, plus they had left it for so long before correctly finding out what it was, the clots that had formed in his leg were putting poisons in to his system and had all but killed his liver and kidneys, he remained on dialysis for the rest of his life and died 4 years later. He was in his late forties/early fifties. He never was able to get back on a bike or do any exercise after his amputation as planned to do. The family even bought a sport prosthetic for him, but it was never used.

Don't mean to frighten you, but go get things like that checked immediately, and make sure the doc does a proper check up! My friends dad came immediately to mind when I read your thread.

Thats a nice story bouncer! eww! I would get tingly down my arm and numb in my hand. Bouncer's right though, you really should see a doc if it continues again today. You need both arms!

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    I worked out again yesterday same result. My arms go completly numb. Usually after bench or shoulder press.

Quake is offline Member
    As my osteopath told me "If your body is doing something it shouldn't be doing then you shouldn't be doing what is making your body do it."

Very deep!

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    my arms go tingly and numb sometimes when doing hanging leg raises (with my arms in the sling)

Thread Information