Mr Lou is offline New Member

Talking concider myself as NEW..help (big kev,or any other big guys)

concider myself as NEW..help
    hi everybody,
    well, im not really new to bodybuilding.. i worked out for five months.. stopped for three.. and i started back a month ago.. im having problems with some muslces... my chest doesnt grow like my other muscles...and i cant lift heavy with it . im 5"11, 210 pounds 15% bf, 20 years old, waist 33 inches.

My workout routineall free weights excepts pec dec..etc)
    Day one: chest + biceps
    1.incline bench press 12x135lbs, 10x155lbs, 8x175lbs
    2.flat bench press 12x155 lbs, 10x160lbs , 8 x180 lbs
    3. incline dumbbell press 10x60lbs, 8x65lbs, 6x70lbs
    4.decline bench press( i do it because i dont have lower chest i have ribs hehe) 12x155lbs, 10x160lbs, 8x180lbs
    5.pec dec machine 12x80lbs, 10x90lbs, 8x 100 lbs
    6.biceps barbell curl 12x70lbs, 10x80lbs, 8x90lbs
    7.hammer curl 12x30lbs, 10x35lbs, 8x40lbs
    8.21's or concentration curls ( they gave me a valley between my biceps and forearms.

Day two: legs(id like to get rid of all of the fat then ill make it bigger.. i know that the more muscle u build the more fat u burn.. but i dont want a bubble but following me lol.

1. Squats 20*135 pounds, 15*180 pounds, 12*220 pounds
    2.leg press 25 * 220 pounds, 20x315pounds, 15x 405 pounds
    3.lying leg curl 20*60lbs, 15*70lbs,12*80lbs, 12*90 lbs
    4inner thigh(abductor or adductor i forgot the name.. i wanna get rid of the fat in my inner thigh) 3 sets of 25 reps
    5.seated calf raises 90 lbsx20, 115 lbsx15,135x10
    6.standing calf raises: 360 lbs x 20 , 405 lbsx15(toes touching each other, 405x15(heels touching each other)

Day three: back + forearms(back is my best part that shows)
    1. T-bar row( close grip) : 90 lbsx12, 115 lbs x10, 135lbsx 8
    2. pulldown .. i do three sets..form more important than weight i use it to shape the muscles(wide grip pulldown)
    3. seated rows: 150lbsx 15, 170 lbsx10, 200lbs x 8
    4. close grip (triangle handle) pulldowns.. i do three sets
    5. dumbbell rows(THE BEST I LOVE IT) 10x85lbs, 8x90lbs, 9x95lbs
    6.forearms barbell curl 40lbsx30, 50 lbsx20, 60 lbsx 15
    7.reverse curls(half of the way ..doesnt affect the biceps..learned that from the 2000 youth world championship i met him in europe.

Day Four:Shoulders +triceps.
    1.dumbbell shoudler press : 50lbsx 12, 55lbsx10, 60lbsx8
    2.dumbbell front raises 30 lbs x 12, 35 lbsx 10, 40 lbsx 8
    3.dumbbell lateral raises 15x17.5 lbs, 12x20 lbs, 20x12.5lbs(strict form for shaping.. the dumbbell press gives the mass for the side shoulder too)
    4. rear delt 3 setson pec dec machine
    5. shrugs( i pause for exact three seconds at the top which make me lower the poundage..strict form.. i mean one....twooooo.... threeee) 85lbsx12, 90lbsx10, 95lbsx8
    6.upright rows..lights 3 sets for shaping ..very light and high reps..its worked .. it did seperate my traps from my shoulders.
    7.close grip bench press 3 sets
    8.cable press down 3 sets
    9.over head db extenstion
    10.reverse grip pushdown.. .
    Day fiveff
    Day six:repeat cycle

i eat like a big MOFO.. i dont even take any supplements... on my bad days i eat 5 meals... i reach 8 sometimes( with snacks)
    if i post my picture u wont believe that im working out for just one month... i swear to god im natural .. ill try to post my before pic taken on 3rd of january 2002, and my recent one..
    help me with the chest..

I didnt get it.. so u mean for the chest i do flat, incline,decline (barbells)and pec dec?
    for the back...what kind of deadlift do u recommend?
    can u tell me a good work out routine ?

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Chest

Large body parts such as the chest, and legs can handle a little more intensitity and should be pushed harder. Your chest workout looks ok although I do agree with Diesel and would incresase the reps with less weight in the beginning of the excersises. I see that you are also doing incline dumbell and incline barbell excersises. Now everyone has their preference as to wich is best but I would look to incorporate something else that hits the chest at a little different angle. You are basically hitting the same movement and your time in the gym could be better organized I guess is what I 'm trying to say. What I mean is that you could use this time to hit the chest with a different excersie than with what you are doing now which is bascically the same movement. Does that make sense??? Also try alternating between the peck deck and dumbell butterflys. ( Do the pec deck one day the the next time you do chest subsitute dumbell butterflies)

The only other thing that I see that I would change if it was me is to change up the days you are doing your triceps and biceps. You are useing your triceps alot in many of the chest workouts that you are doing and if you train them on another day you risk the chance of overtraining. Do triceps with your chest routine and do the biceps with your present shoulder routine. That way you will be isolateing your tricep workout without "doubleing up on them" Everything else looks ok to me.
    IC

thanks for the help guys... i really wanna get the lower chest... i hate seeing my ribs.. my outer & upper chest are fine... tell me what exercises i need to do for my chest ..with sets & reps.. ill appreciate it ,, and how can i increase strength.. i guess the weights i lift are embarresing

Chest

There are amny different excersise that are probaly going to be posted. Take each one that you do not presently do and try them out. Focous in on the ones that you seem tolike the best as you will most likely put more intenstitity and "gusto" with these .
    For the loswer chest I useually like to prefrom something with free weights such as dumbell butterflies or a good decline. On the decline or on the falt bench for that matter, use a wide grip as this really seems to hit the lower chest.

For the upper chest I like to concerntrate on movemnts such as the incline, cabnle crossovers and champagines.

For strength? D-bol
    Ok all kidding aside, Movements such as the incline are much more strighter movement thus useually reguiring less weight. Push incilne up and your falt bench will gradually begin to increase as well. You can also focous on your tricep workouts as well. Weighted dips ect that build up the tric's can also help you falt bench to increase as well. I have competed in many bench press comps over the years and have always focoused on these areas hard 3 to 4 months before comp. dates were reached.
    IC

tobey... some people told me that i might be overtraining the chest.. so is 4 sets of flat barbell, 4 inclines, 4 declines , and 4 of flys are better for me ?

Originally posted by Mr Lou
    tobey... some people told me that i might be overtraining the chest.. so is 4 sets of flat barbell, 4 inclines, 4 declines , and 4 of flys are better for me ?
    That looks ok to me. To be honest you could up it to 5 sets per excersise if you wanted. Just be sure to give your chest enough time between workouts to rest. How many times a week you train your chest might be considered over training IMO but a good intense chest workout is not. Good luck and let us know how things turn out.
    Tobey

Thread Information