Thread: lat spread?

rexkishi is offline New Member

lat spread?

hey guys and girls, just need help on a couple of things. i was lookin though some pics on this site and i noticed some good spread from peeps (diesel) i believe? what could i do to get the spread? here is my back routine.

warm up 2x12 pull ups

wide grip lats pulls 3x12,10,8
    cable rows 4x12,10,8,8
    reverse grip lat pulls 3x12,10,8
    bent barbell rows or t-bar 4x12,10,8,8
    close grip lat pulls 3x12,10,8

i do lower back with legs (deadlift) on a different day

i do stiff leg dead lifts cause it works and stretches my hamis and hits my lower back a little. do you think that i am doing to much, i like this routine because i am able to feel the work out.

mon-chest and bi's
    tue-legs (heavy)
    wed-off
    thur-back adn forearms
    fri-shoulders and tri's
    sat-legs(light, work on flexability)
    i do my deadlifts on tuesday

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Wide grip lat pulldowns WITH GOOD FORM, dont swing and try to keep your back as straight as possible, only a slight arc. I see too many guys with their back parrallel to the floor when they are bringing the bar down.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    The best for lat spread is wide grip chin ups.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Diesel

Bingo.
    Stiff Leg deads and Regular Deads are different. I would do both if I were you. I don't know what your split is but give your body a few days between legs and Back. Will help if you are doing both types.
    Definately do as Diesel suggests.

I do legs on Mondays, and back & biceps on Fridays to maximize the days inbetween doing the SLDL's on the Mon, and regular deads on Friday.

Otherwise my lower back would be to trashed for me to do anything the rest of the week.

Good luck bro, and lets us know how you make out.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Heavy wide grip chins are best for getting wide, bent over rows, t-bar rows, deads, stick to basic moves. Also check your form, you should be arcing your back very slighty on all back movements, if you check any pics of guys like Dorian, Coleman etc.. check thier form it's no mistake they they arc there back a bit. I see lots of guys especially on bent over rows, t-bar rounding their backs, big mistake.

thank you all for the great help, i do use good form i pride myself on that so i dont look like one of the dorks at the gym tryin to be big. my goals are just to get big with muscular balance, i played college ball for a year but it is to hard on my lower body now so im moving to track and field alone now. ive always lifted for sports so i think that made me better but left me with some weak pionts as far as appaerence. again thank you all

The Emperor is offline Associate Member
    Just a little info: close grip works outter back (width) and wide grip works inner ( thickness).

To give my statement a little more validity look at some one doing a double bi and some one doing a lat spread. Notice in a double bi the hands are further from the body and that the muscles in the middle of the back are emphasized. Also the back does not seem as wide. Now look at a lat spread. The hand are much closer together and the back is now flaring. It flares even more when doing a most muscular pose.

Just a little something to keep in mind...
    Last edited by The Emperor; 02-19-2002 at 12:06 PM.

jersey juice is offline Member
    keep it basic. deadlifts, barbell rows, dumbell rows & pulldowns.

Thread Information