DaddySherles is offline Junior Member

Trying to gain strength while toning minor muscle groups

I'm trying to continue gaining strength on bench and squats......I want my bi's to be bigger, my back to be thick and ripped up, triceps more defined and legs more ripped also. This week I am doing chest, shoulders, and tri's on Monday, Back and Bi's Tuesday, Legs Wednesday, then repeat the next 3 days and rest on Sunday. Next week I will probably go one body part per week. I am trying to keep a variety to hit the muscles with a shock so maybe they will grow. Any exercises or splits that you recommend for what I'm looking for?

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    i don't know how long you have been working out, but i think that with a 6 day on/1 day off routine you will find yourself burned out very quickly...

that said, it might be a good shock to try every few weeks, but for a routine i only go 3 times a week

aussiejuicer is offline Associate Member
    Your monday workout is way too much to do for one session. You'll never keep up the intensity.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I do chest/sh/tri's in one session, and it's totally fine.

You just have to hammer home the message to each bodypart quickly w/max effort, then get the h*ll out and grow.

It can be easily done.

~SC~

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddySherles
    I'm trying to continue gaining strength on bench and squats......I want my bi's to be bigger, my back to be thick and ripped up, triceps more defined and legs more ripped also. This week I am doing chest, shoulders, and tri's on Monday, Back and Bi's Tuesday, Legs Wednesday, then repeat the next 3 days and rest on Sunday. Next week I will probably go one body part per week. I am trying to keep a variety to hit the muscles with a shock so maybe they will grow. Any exercises or splits that you recommend for what I'm looking for?
    Your goals are going to be difficult. It's like saying I want 100 extra horsepower in my car, and increase fuel economy (mpg). However, this is not impossible, but very difficult. To avoid frustration, I would focus on strength for a certain amount of time, then on cutting or toning. Flip flop between the two.
    Good luck

Thread Information