Ammar is offline Senior Member

Morning Cardio Equipment

What do you guys use for AM cardio?? I was thinking about getting an elliptical machine for my house...just trying to get some ideas cuz running is too hard on my knee. I have tendinitis in my right knee so I have to get something easy on my knee.

Any input is welcome

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Ellipticals are great, but a stationary bike would probably be cheaper. The bike might also aggrevate your knee. Try getting your knee right, then gradually get back into running.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    How much does an elliptical machine cost? I've always wanted one, it would be SO much more convenient. I have to wait until I become a baller to get one of those.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    How bout going outside

Well you can get a Gazelle for like $100-$200 depending on the model.

What can I do outside NIU?? Running really bothers my knee, my doctor said I can do whatever I want as long as I dont feel pain while doing it. I guess she really narrowed it down

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Buy a road bike and pedal throughout the country side. Any of your neighbors have a pool? Find a big hill and walk fast up it. Trying to help you out.

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammar
    What can I do outside NIU?? Running really bothers my knee, my doctor said I can do whatever I want as long as I dont feel pain while doing it. I guess she really narrowed it down

I think he means run on grass, that is usually easier on the knees. I have bad knees from being a catcher and i just go day to day as to whether or not i can run. Good luck!

-B-

doby48 is offline Female Member
    If you have a road bike, check into the Bicycle Trainers (Motivators) they are small units you attach your bike to and allows you to ride your road bike in the house with the same gears and resistance as riding it on the road. This gives you the ability to then take your bike off the unit and ride it outside on nicer days and when you are changing out your cardio then you can just fold it up and stick it in a closet to save room. Cyclists use the for training as its important that a cyclist keep good form and the same equipment for training which a stationary bike does not allow. Just a thought if you are considering new cardio equipment.

You can get these reasonably priced at around $100, but since they are used for serious cyclists as well they do go up into the $1000 range too.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'd go with the elliptical......I use one for cardio and I've bad knees as well and it's never agrivated them at all. I use a tread mill now and then but I'm not much of a runner and generally do a quick pace walk and for that I could just go outside for. I'm not a fan of bikes because of the position my lower back is while riding...tends to hurt after a while.

However the best cardio I can think of is sex.....I'd suggest getting a girlfriend......but that could cost a fortune. hahahahaha

brian11 is offline Member
    I suggest the NordicTrac.......HAHAHAHAHAHAH

jk

-B-

Good Idea Jugg LoL

Only problem with riding a bike outside is that I am in the city and traffic is nuts around here. I would end up stopping every 5 minutes at lights waiting to cross. Thanks for all the ideas though.

Anyone know where I can get a good elliptical machine at a decent price??

Thread Information