Thread: Loss of Cardio

cabogirl is offline Female Member

Loss of Cardio

Ok, a few months ago I changed my workout and my strength has changed dramatically example: leg press went from 70lbs to 275lbs. But when I changed my workout I left out my cardio which I was addicted to, yes I was doing 45 min 7 days a week then I went to nothing on cardio. I have not put on any weight but things don't feel as tight and the ass even though I still get compliments on it, it feels not as perky. If I put my cardio back in my workout how long will it take to have that really tight feeling again? I loved the way my legs and ass looked but now I am so frustrated! I also used to do legs everyday and now I do them once every 5th day. What should I do??? I feel like crap
    lifes too short so live it up !!!

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    What kind of cardio? Rule-of-thumb for me is it will take the same length of time for your ass to get tight again as the amount of time it took to feel like it does now. I'd say if your happy with your progress, maybe throw in some cardio only a few times a week. Start off with 2-3x and slowly progress and see how things are going.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Well for starts I'd really need to see your ass......... lol

Personally I feel it was a mistake to drop the cardio. I feel cardio is the foundation stone on which all other routines should be built upon, get back to it A.S.A.P.

As for getting your ass back to where it was, well apart from all the obvious exercises's you could be hitting the stair climber and doing leg raise's lying flat on your tummy. I'm sure you've seen 'em done. Some machines allow you to hit your glutes with weights too.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I agree, and if you want to target your glutes specifically with weight training do squats and lunges.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Personally I feel it was a mistake to drop the cardio. I feel cardio is the foundation stone on which all other routines should be built upon, get back to it A.S.A.P.

cabogirl is offline Female Member
    Thanks for all of your suggestions and I have started my cardio again and I feel so much better, I already do squats, leg press, hamstring curls, leg extensions, inner and outer aducters. All is well in that area I guess the cardio just helps keep it all feeling really tight.
    lifes too short so live it up !!!

Thread Information