TOTHEEND is offline Junior Member

new work out while cutting please help

ok iv been cutting for a while now doing cardio 5 times a week right after lifting. the loss in BF is not much or as much as i wanted and my strength is going down. i posted a week ago my concerns of doing cardio right after lifting and all the bro's told me its a bad idea but i cant do it other wise.. at any rate i thought of starting this routine now and see what hapnes. i am hoping that with a clean diet i can still loose BF although i will only be doing cardio 2 times a week. please any sugesstions about this will be appreciated:
    DAY ONE: BACK
    DAY TWO: CARDIO ONLY
    DAY THREE: CHEST
    DAY FOUR: LEGS
    DAY 5: OFF
    DAY 6: ARMS
    DAY 7: SHOULDERS
    DAY 8: CARDIO
    so what do u guys think of this ? what can i change? again going to the gym 2 times a day is immpossible so i have to deal with what i have. again my goal is to loose bf currently at 15% i think..
    thanx in advance

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Your diet is going to play the biggest role in your change, so I'd focus on that instead of the workouts which are only the stimuli for which change is to occur.
    Cardio after working out isn't ideal, no, hence the crappy results thus far as well.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by TOTHEEND
    ok iv been cutting for a while now doing cardio 5 times a week right after lifting. the loss in BF is not much or as much as i wanted and my strength is going down. i posted a week ago my concerns of doing cardio right after lifting and all the bro's told me its a bad idea but i cant do it other wise.. at any rate i thought of starting this routine now and see what hapnes. i am hoping that with a clean diet i can still loose BF although i will only be doing cardio 2 times a week. please any sugesstions about this will be appreciated:
    DAY ONE: BACK
    DAY TWO: CARDIO ONLY
    DAY THREE: CHEST
    DAY FOUR: LEGS
    DAY 5: OFF
    DAY 6: ARMS
    DAY 7: SHOULDERS
    DAY 8: CARDIO
    so what do u guys think of this ? what can i change? again going to the gym 2 times a day is immpossible so i have to deal with what i have. again my goal is to loose bf currently at 15% i think..
    thanx in advance

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    You don't have to go to the gym 2 times a day just because you are doing cardio. Buy a HR monitor and do it outside. Wake up 45 minutes earlier than normal. It's all about what you are willing to sacrifice to acheive your goals.

Swolecat is right, diet is the key, which I know nothing about!!!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    If I were j00, I wouldn't do arms the day before shoulders cuz your sore tri's will affect the poundages you can lift for shoulders.

Quake is offline Member
    I'm doing cardio five times a week and have lost three inches off of my waist in 4 weeks. How big are you now? I used to be on overdrive about slimming down and making progress took ages, even on a cutting cycle, trouble was I didn't have anything to slim down to. Now I'm out for bulking up, I think the slimming down will come in it's own good time. Get big then get slim.

TOTHEEND is offline Junior Member
    thankx for the replies guys.... bouncer272001 , big is relative i think but at any rate i am big 6'1 206lbs working out for about 2 years now so i have a good amount of musclew on me. getting bigger is not a priority at all i can get big really easy if i wanted too but ill add both muscle and fat. i want to cut down and have a 6 pack once in my life. i know for a fact that diet and cardio are key so to that regards i will wake up an hour early and take a fast walk around the block. the thing is i cant jog because i have problems in my ankles and running or joging just makes it worse. hope the fast walk will help. so my routine will be as follows:
    DAY 1 630 AM MORINING WALK 30 MIN 5PM BACK
    DAY2 630 AM MORINING WALK 30 MIN 5 PM CHEST
    DAY 3 630 AM MORNING WALK 30 MIN 5 PM LEGS
    DAY 4 OFFFFFFF
    DAY 5 630 AM MORNING WLAK 30 MIN 5 PM SHOULDERS
    DAY 6 630 AM MORNING WALK 30 MIN 5PM ARMS
    DAY 7 OFFFFFFFF
    so ill be walking 30 min on an empty stomach 4 times a week , and with a clean diet with max 150 g carbs on work out days low fat and high protein i hope to get to what i want. i really thank you all for the help.

Thread Information