ddy7135 is offline New Member

Question Repping 225 on incline

Just wondering, if I can do a double on 225 on barbell inclines, how many lbs do you bros think I can double on DB incline? My gyms DBs only go up to 80's. Never tried inclines on the 80's either. Sucks.

Peace.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    100's. 95 pretty easy.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    hm.. well, i do 100's for a triple on incline.. and i don't do barbell incline that often but last time i did 205 for 7, so i would imagine i'm probably at like 3-4 reps with 225. That give you any help?

BDTR is offline Retired
    I do 365 on incline for 8 and the 150 lb dumbells for 6 but its all shoulders for me on incline..

Why dont you just try it out?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    OMG BDTR, sorry but we're not huge beasts like you. LOL. Your the man.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    OMG BDTR, sorry but we're not huge beasts like you. LOL. Your the man.
    too embarassed to post your numbers now that BDTR has?

ddy7135 is offline New Member
    Yeah 100's seems about right. I used to have this thoery that a person can DB press what he can BB press...minus the bar.

Thanks bros.

Ive done 435 on incline before. I got greedy and tried 450 strictly for bragging rights and I realized what 15lbs more felt like. It was a f*cking mess. Noone could even get it off of me. I had 3 spotters fighting a sinking barbell. Thats why I honestly believe there is no reason to go extremely heavy on inclines anymore. I'm strictly a powerlifter,but ill say thats a no no.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    i would say around 112.5 pounds per hand, roughly

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qccat
    i would say around 112.5 pounds per hand, roughly

-DCB-

number8 is offline Banned
    I haven't benched for over a year because of a poped ac joint. My shoulder has been completly healed for 6months but I benched last nite for the first time with no pain and i did 244lbs for 10reps, hopefully the weight will fly up over the next few weeks. I have been dumbell pressing for months though, last week i did 120lbs dumbells for 8reps.
    Last edited by number8; 06-24-2004 at 01:16 AM. Reason: it was wrong

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    try it out... some people see little difference some people see alot... I can get 315 for about 8 on incline and get only 130's for 8 on dumbell.

Quake is offline Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ddy7135
    Yeah 100's seems about right. I used to have this thoery that a person can DB press what he can BB press...minus the bar.

Thanks bros.
    You've got to remember that your muscle is doing more when you are working with DB's. Not only is it lifting the weight, but it is keeping it steady too. When doing BB press you don't have this extra stress hence the extra poundage ability. :spudnik4:

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    what he^ said..

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I almost never do barbell pressing anymore. Using dbells for inclines (and almost everything else) I don't exceed 100's, mostly going 75-95 for sets of 8-12. It's hard to make a fair comparison between what you can do with dbells and what you can do with a barbell unless you train both regularily. I could probably put up 110's 5 or six times but I wouldn't wanna bet that I could put up 225 on a barbell any more than a couple of times.

ripped525 is offline Junior Member
    I do 225 incline for 6, never tried anything higher, dumbells on a 30 degree incline range from 85-95 but for flat db press im repping 105 for 6-8, thats the highest my gym goes up to, dont know what im goin to do

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I hardly ever do bar bell anything. But my last set on incline DB is 105lbs DBs. And my last set when i did barbell about 2 weeks ago was 225. So id say you could probably do 105. But I dont know. I find that people who do BB more often arent very good with their DB. I do DB for flat aswell and finish with 140lbs DBs, but I can only do 275 6 times on BB.

decadbal is offline Banned
    my ? is why do you only do reps, bc you cant do more, bc 2 reps is a waste of time...

BDTR is offline Retired
    Not if you're training for strength and not size.

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    my ? is why do you only do reps, bc you cant do more, bc 2 reps is a waste of time...

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal

I've always used low reps. I'm a lot stronger then anyone would think when they look at me,because of it. If I would have trained the other way around I wouldn't be suprised if I was bigger,but thats my own way I enjoy training.

Whoever says doing low reps doesnt do anything is wrong. JMO I'm far from a monster but at 230 pounds I bench over 500 and thats all natty. My personal belief is that if most people trained with a few lower reps everyonce in awhile they wouldnt be so down on the idea of using them.

Like BDTR stated, it's for strength,but at the same time your not going to get a lot out of gaining strength if you dont gain some size. I personally feel that has a lot more to do with diet then it doesnt training method.

I've worked with WSB and MM. It's a whole different perspective of working out when your training to get stronger instead of to gain overall body development.

It's a never ending arguement as far as strength vs muscle. You just have to make that choice and stick with it for awhile. Like everything else I think there is a sort of art to maxing out. If you train heavy and low reps sometimes even singles, then I feel your going to perform better when you attempt a M.E.

Then again this all comes from a powerlifter's perspective...

bubbathegut is offline Member
    55's are heavy to me

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    275 for 5 incline barbell, 100's db incline for 8, no spotter

sammyjoe is offline Banned
    i do 315 for 12 on incline..i never go heavy.. im a bodybuilder not a powerlifter..no need to risk a injury

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbathegut
    55's are heavy to me

Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbathegut
    55's are heavy to me

priest_416 is offline Registered User
    Ive pressed 415 on incline for reps. When I worked out at my old gym(popeyes gym) i was pressing the 150 DB on incline. I never really liked pressing with DB

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont like dumbell incline bench either. i do so much with dumbells for my weight but i cant bench for ish

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Currently My gym only has 75lbs db (only place around) But in the past I was doing 100lbdb for reps. No need to go any higher for fear of injury. As for decadbal 2reps only a waste? Try telling that to Dorian Yates, yes controversial but if nothing else it does build grip strength.

Thread Information