Britguy is offline Banned

Lack of development-outer chest

which is a good movement to hit this part of the chest, are dips the best, because although i have incorporated them before ive never done them week after week to see goo results,

current chest day

Incline Dumbell press 4 sets of 6-10

Hammer strength seated m/c press 4 sets 6-10

incline flyes 4 sets 8-12

pullovers 3-4 sets of 6-10

yes at the minute im trying to build some beef on top, and its working fine however my outer lower chest seems very un-shaped, how do you get that roundness or what has worked for others before

Quake is offline Member
    Back to basics for you monsieur!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Outer chest? There is no such muscle group. You have the upper and lower (Pec Minor and Pec Major). The shape of your muscle bellies is determined on the size you have thus far and your genetic disposition.

BTW - you have included no personal info, but I would add (or replace the pull overs) a heavy barbell movement to that routine.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Outer chest? There is no such muscle group. You have the upper and lower (Pec Minor and Pec Major). The shape of your muscle bellies is determined on the size you have thus far and your genetic disposition.

BTW - you have included no personal info, but I would add (or replace the pull overs) a heavy barbell movement to that routine.

Right on about the "outer chest."
    You are doing 5 exercies, at least 3 if not 4 should be a compund pressing movement then finish with the flyes or assistance exercise.

So when people refer to there "inner chest" that doesn't exist either, and obviously you understood the question AND the area of anatomy i was having trouble with, is it really worth replying just to CORRECT someone, no, i don't think so
    BUMP! for helpful comments please

ps Hypo, im doing 4, thats 4 not 5 exercises

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I did give you a suggestion. More pressing movement should fill out the chest. Try leaning forward dips, FAME is making me do them now. Might want try going wider on the bench.
    It is hyper, not hypo, that is the opposite.
    Yeah, you are only doing 4, it was the theory. Do Incline DB, Flat Bar, Decline DB and a assistance exercise, crossovers, flyes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Britguy
    So when people refer to there "inner chest" that doesn't exist either, and obviously you understood the question AND the area of anatomy i was having trouble with, is it really worth replying just to CORRECT someone, no, i don't think so
    BUMP! for helpful comments please
    Nope - you would get the same answer - there is no inner chest muscle. Do you want HELPFUL comments - or is there something you just want to hear? Why ask a question and then basically tell someone to f' off?

BTW - Hypertrophy is very knowledgable member here... and adds a lot to this forum... so don't be a smart ass to a respected member trying to help you...

my apologies to anyone i offended, a case of bad day at the office, thanks for the advice by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Britguy
    my apologies to anyone i offended, a case of bad day at the office, thanks for the advice by the way
    Good to go

Basically the info myself and Hypertrophy is offering is a pretty basic answer to your problem. I hear a lot of questions concerning "inner" and "outer" chest development. But Mom and Dad play the biggest role here... the best thing you can do is just work on adding slabs of beef to your torso. I mentioned that you gave no personal info (experience, current development, ...) - this helps us to better help you... and gives you better responses.

But one concern I do have is a basic compund barbell movement - these are good for putting a maximum load on the muscle groups with primed fiber recruitment. The burn associated with it is also good for an endogenous androgen/GH spike. basic CNS principles also apply; after you push a couple hundred pounds on a bar - picking up a pair of heavy dumbells for presses or flyes seems much more doable...

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I like to finish with heavy dips. My chest is my ultra weakpoint, the only way to change the look is to put on more beef, and that is done with progressively heavier weight. You need to find out what exercise works for your body and go as heavy as ou can for 4-6 reps. Dont rush your w.o I used to not knowingly rush through my routine, I guess cause I am hyper. Take your time on your staple exercise, wait 4-5 mins hit it again for 5 sets. I know I may get flamed for this but this has really worked for me on all my lifts.My major movements squats dl's bench military press, this has made me jump in weight every week.

Thumbs up

thanks for the advice all of ya, Warrior, the reason i do mostly dumbell work is cause the left side of my chest is much better developed than my right, so im trying to even it out, i think your right about genetics tho for wot its worth, i have decent shoulder and arm development but lack a good chest, i think that when i did barbell presses the left side took over, i have better mind-muscle connection than when i first started and feel that my chest chest is getting there...slowly

195lbs
    12-14%
    5'8

3 previous cycles

ripped525 is offline Junior Member
    adding weighted dips woudlnt hurt, give it a try , maybe it'll help , or maybe thats the way ur chest is shaped, good luck!

Thread Information