Thread: cutting and DC

tallyjuice is offline Member

Question cutting and DC

Is the DC method good to use when you're cutting? I just figured that you won't make much strength gains while cutting naturally.

anyone?

Swellin Guest
    I would have to say it is not the best thing for cutting, but I know folks who do it. The only reason I think it might not be the best thing for cutting is that you need tons of food and supps to keep from being in pain on this routine. Cutting and heavy weight seem to put alot of strain on the body and would increase the potential for injury.

However, I recently read a response by DC to a guy using his program and cutting. He told the guy to drop the rest pauses and go with straight sets. This should help with the intense strain on the body. Also, instead of cardio once a week, you would use cardio every day that you don't workout.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    I would have to say it is not the best thing for cutting, but I know folks who do it. The only reason I think it might not be the best thing for cutting is that you need tons of food and supps to keep from being in pain on this routine. Cutting and heavy weight seem to put alot of strain on the body and would increase the potential for injury.

However, I recently read a response by DC to a guy using his program and cutting. He told the guy to drop the rest pauses and go with straight sets. This should help with the intense strain on the body. Also, instead of cardio once a week, you would use cardio every day that you don't workout.

Also, eliminating some of the overlap would help a ton when reducing calories. Drop DLs as back movements and do something that doesnt involve the lower back and hamstrings, take it easy on biceps so that you wont be overtraining when you do back movements.

The problem with DC training and dieting is that it is so progression dependent. It seems like too much to go through while simply maintaining strenght and dropping BF.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    There are a few adjustments DC recommends if you are going to cut and use his split, so if you make a few minor modifications, this would be the way to go.

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    If you are already using DC's program and you decide to get contest ready you will still continue on r/p your way to hold the mass you have and when you become calorie restricted enough til your strength begins to drop you will start to split the workouts up and not try to beat the log book as you did in the blasting period, you are trying to stay away from injury here with low cals, then when you are within a few weeks of show time you will drop all r/p worksets and go with straight sets only...

i do notice that it is hard to do rest pause sets(especially 8 sec. negatives) when you are calorie deficient. Thanx for the advice.

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tallyjuice
    i do notice that it is hard to do rest pause sets(especially 8 sec. negatives) when you are calorie deficient. Thanx for the advice.
    We do not r/p reps with 8 sec negatives, you do not need to count just control the negatives and explode on the positives, when you fail on that last positive then you will do a super slow negative 5-7 seconds...

Thread Information