bramabull is offline New Member

think I reached my genetic potential

as crazy as it may sound I think I may have reached my genetic potential at 163. I have been eating 7-8 times a day getting in over 300 grams of protein with plenty of carbs and fats for 5 months, taking PWO shakes, creatine, changing up my workouts regularly, doing squats till I nearly puke, getting at least 7 hours of sleep, not overtraining, gave up drinking, etc, and yet I go no where and start to loose weight once I get to 166 or 168. I am no different from when I was the complete opposite. This is really frustrating that I can do all this and even though I've seen moderate strength gains I should have at least gained a few pounds. Even before I got help making up a good diet I ate like crap and I still look the same as if I were still eating like crap. I think it may be because everyone in my close and distant blood family is skinny and always was. I havent seen any decent size gains since I started working out 3 years ago (I'm 21) and I think the only way to put on some weight would be to do a cycle. I was going to wait until I put on some more weight naturally but what weight? The other day a coworker twice my size was asking me for advice on how to work out b/c he knows that I know more than anyone else he knows. this really sucks. has anyone heard of people reaching their genetic potential so early?
    Last edited by bramabull; 07-02-2004 at 11:55 PM.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Well man dont be hard on yourself, when i was 19-21 i killed myself training/taking supplements and i quit everything bad in my life and put a super effort to live a healthy lifestyle but there was absolutly no change in my physiques!!! i was devestated i actually thought its time to quit, and i did! i quit lifting weights because i thought my genetics wont let me get more muscular. I just trained very hard in sports and mixed martial arts for two years, al my training was based on cardio and core strength (push ups-sit ups).
    Well two years after quitting the first time i came back into it and guess what? i am getting amazing results! i am growing fast and getting defined, i feel every workout makes a difference....i dont know what it was but i just think it was age....
    the moral is dont quit....you'll get there

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Yeah brama, take a break for a week or two and then hit it hard and see what happens. Your muscles wont know what hit them and prolly grow a bit.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Try doing every muscle once a week and concentrate on core exercises... Bench Squat Military Deadlift

Beernutz is offline Member
    bro trust me your not the only one..Keep hitting the gym. You dont wanna look back on your lifting carrer and wish you never quit.

YoungGuns20 is offline Junior Member
    Hey, keep the head up, I am sure your going to break on through to the other side. Anything worth having takes work. It might not be tomorrow, but you keep working your a*s off and you will get the results

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    why dont u post ur diet (if u havent) in the diet forum the bros in there are awesome. As for the workouts since i put my ego aside and started concentrating on strict form i have really benefited. Anyways keep your head up and dont quit. Remember its mind over matter if u dont mind it dont matter.

jt.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Seems that your doing everything right. Keep at it and dont give up, hopefully teh results should come.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bramabull
    as crazy as it may sound I think I may have reached my genetic potential at 163.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHA AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

Ok seriously. Increase you calories until you start gaining weight, THAT INCLUDES GAINING FAT. Count your **** calories instead of guessing.

Thread Information