StevePJC is offline Member

Bench has DROPPED???

Did my chest routine a day early (It's Sunday where I am) and for bench my max last week was 315. I was struggling with 245 today. Did I just not take enough time?? Really has me worried.

Not on any kind of cycle and have not done any gear in many years.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    you shouldn't try to max out two weeks in a row.

No I wasn't trying to max out. I was just stumped because I was struggling with 245. Last week I didn't start having problems until 295.

Kaleb is offline Associate Member
    **** man, give your chest a weeks rest and when you get back in there i'm sure you'll be able to do 315. maybe your head just wasn't into it. i believe we all have those days

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    diddnt you say your training each muscle group twice a week? If that was you, then i would suggest dropping the volume to once a week.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    its happened to me too bro, i think its because i lapsed on my diet but i bounced back

I wasn't trying to max. I was just stumped that I was struggling with 245 when I pushed it no problems for 10 last week.

Yeah I do train chest and legs twice a week. I had back down as well but dropped that to one. I'm just trying my ****dest to get back to a close comparison to what I looked like and felt like when I was on gear.

I did have my "cheat meal" the night before. 4 Slices of Pizza and a beer. Could that meal have screwed me up?

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    training chest and legs twice a week is too much IMO

Sensational1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePJC
    I wasn't trying to max. I was just stumped that I was struggling with 245 when I pushed it no problems for 10 last week.

Yeah I do train chest and legs twice a week. I had back down as well but dropped that to one. I'm just trying my ****dest to get back to a close comparison to what I looked like and felt like when I was on gear.

I did have my "cheat meal" the night before. 4 Slices of Pizza and a beer. Could that meal have screwed me up?
    ...no

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I dont think the meal would have screwed you up. Maybe youre overtraining doing chest twice a week?

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Maybe youre overtraining doing chest twice a week?
    bump

I've taken a few bros advice here and dropped chest down to once a week. I've been trying to put two and two together and come up with reasons as to why....

Last time I trained chest twice a week I was using 2g's of test among other things so my recovery was amplified. Either that or I'm dieting too much. Dropped more than the two pounds per week rule last week. Thanks for the good responses though. I think it's just a case of me wanting to be back where I was too quick without gear.

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    Ya doing chest 2 times a week is overtraining how long is your rest period between sets?

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Definitely drop it down to once. sometimes i have trouble lifting heavy if i dont get a good amount of sleep the night before, and especially when i don't eat at least within a few hours before i lift.

Well. I worked out in the morning instead of the afternoon and rode 7.3 miles about two hours earlier. I usually take 60 seconds in between sets.

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    Is there anyway u can wait longer after ur cardio session to work out that might be the culprit right there... are there any meals inbetween that cardio session and your workout? Thats good ur muscles have recovered 72 percent after 1 min. try static holds or forced reps with your training buddy after u drop down to once a week.
    Last edited by JT2k; 07-05-2004 at 12:37 PM.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    You could be tired. You could be MENTALLY fatigued. Maybe you just didnt have much energy when you started. Maybe your mind was somewhere else. Maybe you didnt eat good before the workout. Maybe your back is out of alignment.

Maybe your form is wrong. Maybe trying to get to where you are, you cut corners and use bad form. Your body will let you know after awhile.

Could be a number of things. I would have to go with bad form if you dropped that much weight. Also working out too frequent.

Also. Try cardio after the workout. Your body uses a lot of fuel and energy for cardio. You will get a much better workout before your cardio.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i have problems with stregnth and being fatigue if i change up my workout times.. I am not as strong or as alert if i workout anytime before 2pm.. i usually have to be up and about for a few hours before i can go.. sometimes if i have a hard workout the day before it can affect my workout....

aussiejuicer is offline Associate Member
    We all have days where our workouts aren't as good as the previous ones. Take an extra day off here and there.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Agree with working chest only 1 day a week. (I don't agree with only working legs 1 day a week as I work them 2x a week Tue-Quads/Calves, Fri-Hams/Calves). We all have a really off day from time to time that makes you wonder what happened, just do the best you can for that workout and maintain your schedule. Next week your chest will probably be up a bit, thats what normally happens to me the week after a bad workout for some reason.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Thread Information