Thread: strong wrists

AJS
    AJS is offline Junior Member

Wink strong wrists

ANy one know any exercises for strong wrists. it'll help me out in breakin. any advice/tips appreciated. thank u

im guessing making your grip stronger will make your wrists stronger as well. ive been usin db's instead of the barbell for chest and it has helped my grip out alot. also theres the farmers walk or whatever. get the heaviest db around u can handle put them to your sides and walk for about 20yds or so and turn around. do it like 4 times or so. also, reverse grip curls.

ripped525 is offline Junior Member
    Hammer Curls!!!! i love the pump i get in my forearms when i do these, even tho its for bi's

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    dont ever use straps, it makes you weaker. i use to use wrist straps when i benched and it increased my bench but weakened my wrists so much.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I do wrist curls and super set with reverse wrist curls. I can wrist curl way more than I can reverse wrist curl though.
    Grab a barbell and load it with as much as you can handle for 25-30 reps. Sit at the edge of the bench and put your forearms down on it with your palms facing up. Let the bar roll slwoly down to your finger tips and all the way back up. Do them over and over like that keeping strict form. Finish up the set and then put your forearms on your thighs and palms down. Reverse wrist curl it up as many reps as you can strictly.
    I do five sets of this and get a really good burn. I can barely write down my sets and weights in my log book after that, so I usually save that for the last excercise on arm days.
    I'm also a mechanic so I use my hands to tighten or loosen stuff as soon as I don't need the leverage of a wrench any more. I got nice defined forearms, but they aren't very volumeous. My girlfriend and mom like to watch me put lotion on my forearms. Cheap thrill I guess.

Switch hands. It feels strange at first,but its a must if you want to have equally strong forearms.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    Switch hands. It feels strange at first,but its a must if you want to have equally strong forearms.
    Just can't do it left handed.

Thread Information