TRicKtOutT is offline Junior Member

DC Training Problem

Hey, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I recently started DC (dogg Crapp) Training and it felt good in the beginning. I followed everything I should have dont did warmups, negatives with each rep, statics and stretches; I recorded all my weight I did etc. This is where the problem came along after I did my 3 different workouts for each body part when it came around again to hit that first bicept workout that I did something like 2 weeks ago I wasn't able to do anywhere as near as what I did that first time. I was something like 6-7 reps short which is reaal bad. I don't know what happened exactly. I take in almost 2x my body weight of protein, I actually ate more on that day then I did on my first day I did my Bicepts. Only differences were this... I had walked roughly 4-5 miles out in the heat for 3 hours (Had a 5 hr rest before I hit the gym though), and my bicept wasn't sore but had this wierd light ache the whole day (Last time I did my bicepts was 4 days before). I dont know if I wasn't able to lift well because it was just a bad day or because I overtrained (even though I only do a few warmup sets and 1 Big RP set) or if I should take glutamine to help recovery, or if DC isn't for me, im not quite sure.. PLEASE HELP

ripped525 is offline Junior Member
    One thing i learned is that nobody can really tell u sumpin that will change ur workouts for you. You have to experiment on ur own see what works best for you, maybe that 3 hr walk in the heat made ya tired so u just had a bad day at the gym, but if ur strength keeps decreases with the dc method i would try sumpin diff till u find your anabolic state. Most BBers wont find this state till they have a good 5 yrs of lifting under there belt. Im just under 2 yrs of training so even im still searching for the ultimate workout for me, just keep tryin diff routines till u found one that works for you. People here can give u advice but no one can design a work out plan for you. good luck!

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Just the name is funny enough to keep me a way from that. Like the bro said, it's just a matter of experimenting with different things to see what works best for your particualar physiology.
    I had two years of weights and conditioning when I was in high school for PE credit. We did the first six weeks on circuit trainging: Two sets on each machine or barbell rack of ten. Short rest enterval, only as much time as it took your partner to do his/her set and on to the next one, very few free weights.
    Second six weeks on power lifting, compound movements: bench and ticeps day one, squat and leg auxilaries day two, power cleans and forearms, lats day three, Dead lifts and leg auxilaries day four. Day five was free day, could play b-ball, or hit what ever you wanted to in the weight room. I wasted my time doing bench, I shouldh have hit my calves super hard to spur growth. Lifting was simple 3x3 on core lifts, 2x8 on auxilaries.
    The next six weeks was body building. We did one day on weights, next day cardio. Lot's of free weights, 3x10 every thing. Lot's of DB excercises. Cardio was areobics for 20 minutes or jogging for 20 minutes plus cool down either way.
    Last year I found the Arnold Schwarzeneggers Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. Good book. But from what I find here, they say it's to many sets and reps with not enough time off for recovery unless your running 2g of AAS.
    So, now I'm experimenting again.
    Good luck.

Swellin Guest
    Yes, glutamine is a must. Are you doing rest pause sets? Usually, you don't start out doing RPs or statics, as that will likely be overtraining for most who start this program. You should just start with straight sets and gauge your recovery before advancing to RPs and statics.

I'm not nearly as versed in DC training as others, but I know that first timers don't really need to be too concerned with killing the logbook in the early stages...you are still learning the techniques. However, 6-7 reps off is alot! You may be overtraining. Try using straight sets for two weeks and see how you respond. I would also say that 3 hours in the sun can drain you big time!

Maybe In-Human will find this thread. If not, when I see him...I'll send him this way.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I would switch to straight sets. I would also make sure to read the "lets stir things up" thread another couple times.

ok thanks a lot for all the advices guys... I was still deciding if I should make some minor changes to the DC or should I do something else like a 3 day split hitting 1 part a week

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Wouldn't you want to ask DC, as you are employing his methods? I am sure he could help you out.

~SC~

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRicKtOutT
    Hey, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I recently started DC (dogg Crapp) Training and it felt good in the beginning. I followed everything I should have dont did warmups, negatives with each rep, statics and stretches; I recorded all my weight I did etc. This is where the problem came along after I did my 3 different workouts for each body part when it came around again to hit that first bicept workout that I did something like 2 weeks ago I wasn't able to do anywhere as near as what I did that first time. I was something like 6-7 reps short which is reaal bad. I don't know what happened exactly. I take in almost 2x my body weight of protein, I actually ate more on that day then I did on my first day I did my Bicepts. Only differences were this... I had walked roughly 4-5 miles out in the heat for 3 hours (Had a 5 hr rest before I hit the gym though), and my bicept wasn't sore but had this wierd light ache the whole day (Last time I did my bicepts was 4 days before). I dont know if I wasn't able to lift well because it was just a bad day or because I overtrained (even though I only do a few warmup sets and 1 Big RP set) or if I should take glutamine to help recovery, or if DC isn't for me, im not quite sure.. PLEASE HELP
    I did answer your question over at Ology, and I must say here again, you are just starting out, so you will not be in the groove til you have at least two or three weeks in this program to find out your recouperation ability and your weights that are needed for this program. Plus you need to find out exactly if the exercises you did chose are the right ones for you to use in this program.

Stick to the guidelines and do not do any statics reps until you are comfortable with your weights and exercises.

This program is not for everyone, this program is for trainees who have come to a point in their training where they are just stuck in their gains and have exhausted all other programs.

Glutamine is a good product for pre workout as well as a recouperation product, you where just dehydrated form your walk and you could not replace fliuds fast enough in the time you alotted...

thank you, I wont give up on DC yet

Thread Information