Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Loading up the leg press

I train on my own so i gotta do it myself. Anyone else find this a workout in itself? By the time i have loaded on the plates im already tired! Especially since i do leg presses after squats. I need a man servant!

BDTR is offline Retired
    My training partner and I split the sides, then after its filled we do the top together.

do the top? Meaning you sit on it?

BDTR is offline Retired
    No, my leg press had two more rods to add plates to the top so it holds 44 plates instead of 44.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    No, my leg press had two more rods to add plates to the top so it holds 44 plates instead of 44.
    wow cos 44 is so much less then 44!
    44 plates.........hmmm..........44x20? 880kgs!!! 880x2.2=1936 lbs! Thats with one leg right?

BDTR is offline Retired
    errr 44 plates instead of 22.

Im only using 15 plates in total and thats heavy. Ill be happy when i make 22. Forget 44, id be loading the leg press for about 40 mins!
    Oh yeah, why does your light thing say you are offline?

Kelvin is offline Junior Member

Plates

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    I train on my own so i gotta do it myself. Anyone else find this a workout in itself? By the time i have loaded on the plates im already tired! Especially since i do leg presses after squats. I need a man servant!
    I have the exact same problem myself! I too train by myself and loading plates is a job in and of itself. When you find a solution to the problem, let me know.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I wish I had some room at home for this one! http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/91662dbl.html

Latimus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    I wish I had some room at home for this one! http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/91662dbl.html
    3000 pounds...lol that sounds just about right for what i need lol

i have done 14 a side...when i do it...i feel like my head and body is about to explode...when you get to the 7th rep you want to die...i love it!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Big Ron Coleman does 55 plates in his new dvd.

SKiN is offline Member
    I just wait till someone else loads it up then when their done i tell them dont worry about unloading it...... add a couple more and ready to go....

no one in my gym does more then two plates a side!!! 30 plates is a **** load!

BDTR is offline Retired
    Do you work out in a rehab for parapalegics?

My girl can do 2 plates a side.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    lol. two plates a side? I've got a bad disc AND knee AND i'm 180 lbs AND i still do 4 times that.

plates

Same for my gym. I start out with 10 plates on each side and the guys freak out.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin
    Same for my gym. I start out with 10 plates on each side and the guys freak out.
    I certainly never start that high...I need more of a warm up than that. I guess these knees have some age on them.

Ours holds 28 total. Loading it is not a problem. Unloading it after doing all of that weight to failure...is a friggin nightmare.

BDTR is offline Retired
    ****.. i even start on 5 plates each side just to get a little blood in the muscle. and i go up to about 36.

I'm gonna blow my knees soon though, i feel it whenever i squat or leg press. It's coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    I certainly never start that high...I need more of a warm up than that. I guess these knees have some age on them.

Ours holds 28 total. Loading it is not a problem. Unloading it after doing all of that weight to failure...is a friggin nightmare.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    my gym finally stocked up on some 100lb plates, makes things alittle easier. Now just gotta fight for bigger dumbbells.

Immortal is offline Banned
    I need a man servant!
    lol, sounds like a solicitation for a male prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal
    lol, sounds like a solicitation for a male prostitute.
    naw, i just need a slave to load up the machine, unload my bars etc And no i dont workout in a rehab gym. Only seen one guy ever lift more then me ( this isnt boasting, i dont lift that heavy and its quite uninspiring seeing others plod along doing the same thing time after time). We get lots of upper body trainers so that may be why no one ever uses much weight on the leg press.
    I was watching a girl once using the press with a 10kg plate on either side! I dont care if she was a girl, she couldnt have felt any strain with that much weight!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Golfers have caddies - why can't BB have little assistants? I would if I had a gym... hire High School kids to load and unload weights and offer spots... you pick them up at the front counter and their your beeeach for an hour or so... they'd become tough kids! haha

Drop set would go like this: "Give me the 100's - okay... now the 90... fuk it - 80's... now the 65's - HURRY UP! 50... okay... put this sh!t away..."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Golfers have caddies - why can't BB have little assistants? I would if I had a gym... hire High School kids to load and unload weights and offer spots... you pick them up at the front counter and their your beeeach for an hour or so... they'd become tough kids! haha

Drop set would go like this: "Give me the 100's - okay... now the 90... fuk it - 80's... now the 65's - HURRY UP! 50... okay... put this sh!t away..."
    Funny thing is where i used to train, one of the guys who trained there was trying to buy the gym because it was closing. One of his ideas was pretty much just that, even offered me a job and at the time i really needed one! Unfortunatley the guy backing him dropped out an it never came to fruition. But he took me through the plan, it would have been a sweet gym. One leg press preloaded at 400lbs so you can warmup without having to even load it!
    A 400lb calf raise machine (he was crazy strong on calf raises) and a whole load of other quality kit. He was so close to buying it as well! Then his bloody backer backed out
    These days where i train now, if i want a spot i gotta go hunt someone down!

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin

10 Plates is my real set. I do warmups beforehand. Here's another friggin nightmare. I have to take plates from a multitude of places are the gym to get enough to put on the machine. The last thing I want to do after I finish is to walk all over the place to put them back.

ripped525 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Do you work out in a rehab for parapalegics?

My girl can do 2 plates a side.
    lol yeah my girl can do 3 plates per side and she does 15 reps , and shes 5'2'' 100lbs and beatiful, so when i see her liftin weights its funny

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i done t mind loading it, then again i dont do 44 plates, but i HATE stripping the weights when im done.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin
    10 Plates is my real set. I do warmups beforehand. Here's another friggin nightmare. I have to take plates from a multitude of places are the gym to get enough to put on the machine. The last thing I want to do after I finish is to walk all over the place to put them back.
    I hear you on walking around. The gym at this little s%^&hole city where I worked for 9 months here in Russia had a total of 500 kgs in weight. On leg day, I would snap up the weight as people were done and literally shut the gym down when I did leg presses and Hack squats.

I was ready to hire a fat boy to just sit on the top of the sled and eat ice cream so I could get a decent work out.

Never had to put them away tho, people would come and beg me to take them away.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    My gym has automatic loaders. Type in the weight on a digital pad and it loads it up via a robotic arm in about 30 seconds. O.k. not really but that'd be some cool chit huh?

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    My gym has automatic loaders. Type in the weight on a digital pad and it loads it up via a robotic arm in about 30 seconds. O.k. not really but that'd be some cool chit huh?
    it woudl be nice, but everyone would loose their grip strength

Thread Information