Thread: Legs TOO sore

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member

Legs TOO sore

When i do my legs i always have an unbelievable workout. the problem is my legs are sore for at least 10 days. my diet is ok, but not the best. every other body part is usually sore for about 2 days. but i dont know what i should do with my legs, this is reallly affecting my other workouts. should i work them out every 2 weeks??

i do 3 sets of squats, leg presses, lunges/extensions, leg curls, stiff dead, and calf raises. too much maybe?

ripped525 is offline Junior Member
    Everyone is diff. try less and see what happens, maybe some serious streching afterwards myte help, good luck

yea i got to try stretching more, that could be it

Aboot is offline Banned
    10 days is way too long to be sore after a workout. Try cutting down the volume, how many sets are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    10 days is way too long to be sore after a workout. Try cutting down the volume, how many sets are you doing?
    do 3 sets of each:
    squats/front squats
    leg presses/hack squats
    lunges/extensions
    leg curls
    stiff dead
    calf raises

the pump i get is unbelievable, i almost cant drive home.

Aboot is offline Banned
    As long as squats/front squats means either or and not both, I would say your volume is ok. You might just have to try stretching throughout the week. Are you doing a high volume of cardio? I assuming you aren't just based on the fact that your legs would be too sore to complete it.

i do one or the other when i write squats/front squats. i cant even do cardio because they are so sore, if i do it i sit on the bike but i feel so lazy.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    youre going to have a large buildup of lactic acid in your muscles. Try massaging your legs for a few mins a day, take warm baths to relax your muscles. Also you could try some gentle exercise like using a stationary bike a few days after the workout to encourage more blood to circulate through your legs and clear out any residual lactic acid etc.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    did you just start training your legs hard recently? I am the same way. I used to do legs half ass and when I started doing 20 reps and what not it would take more than a week to fully recover. Still kinda does. if you dont already PWO shakes will help some.

Quake is offline Member
    Are you on cycle? You may be pushing your legs beyond what they are ready to do. How long have you been training them at that intensity? Remember when on AS you will be able to push the limits but if you're body is not conditioned prior to taking AS with an adequate natural platform you may be doing damage. If you are on cycle what number cycle is it for you?

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    youre going to have a large buildup of lactic acid in your muscles. Try massaging your legs for a few mins a day, take warm baths to relax your muscles. Also you could try some gentle exercise like using a stationary bike a few days after the workout to encourage more blood to circulate through your legs and clear out any residual lactic acid etc.
    Agree with Prime. On leg day, it also helps to do a warm down... walk on the treadmills or bike easily for 15-20 minutes. That will help get rid of some of the lactic acid. Definitely do some light workout two-three days later.

10 days is wierd, your volume is normal, you must be really going for it on the weight!

If you are feeling a "good" pain, just do the above and keep on doing what you are doing. The body adapt pretty quick and soon you will need to do something else to even get sore.

If your pain is "bad" i.e. sharp and constant. STOP EVERYTHING and look at your technique for all your exercises.

thanks for all the help so far guys, i just got done w/ cycle and im training them harder now, (i love to do legs), it was my 3rd cycle. for a while i wasnt doing legs that hard

Thread Information