singern is offline Banned

AM cardio Motivation

I am one who has to stay in bed until the last minute and then shower and run out the door to work. How and what is your motivation for getting up and doing AM cardio..

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    The fear that my hot wife will leave my fat ass.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    I am one who has to stay in bed until the last minute and then shower and run out the door to work. How and what is your motivation for getting up and doing AM cardio..
    **** alarm at top level...then the autographed photo of Jay Cutler I see first thing every day....some days i'm actually MAD at mr. Cutler!

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    The Brooke Burke poster I wake up too every morning. It sounds cheasy, but I'm starting to find motivational/badass quotes and putting them on my walls.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Brooke is tough!! You just gotta think about the reward!!!

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    What the Master Sergeant will do to me if i dont show up at 0600.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    If you need to be 'motivated', you really don't want to be in shape badly enough.Not having abs should be motivation enough.I'm 6 weeks out from Nationals.My 'motivation' is the thought of failing to come in shape.

singern is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    If you need to be 'motivated', you really don't want to be in shape badly enough.Not having abs should be motivation enough.I'm 6 weeks out from Nationals.My 'motivation' is the thought of failing to come in shape.
    Working out, lifting isnt an issue. Getting up in the morning is....

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Morning cardio is a mutha phucker...... but you gotta do what you gotta do. I always tell myself that. And just to make sure I stay motivated to do it I leave out a pair of socks, my shoes, my heart rate monitor etc sitting right next to my bed so I am reminded when I first wake up it is time to get to business. I also like the ab motivation..... not having a 6 pack is enough to drive my to get up and work

<<LMO>>

RATM is offline Senior Member
    i am never ever motivated to do morning cardio. its the benefits that i get from it that get me out of bed, but i am still a grump and it still sucks

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Throughout school and even now, I've found it to be an ideal way, and maybe the only point in my day, where I multi-task. It's always served as a good way for me to get some reading done, whether it be for class or pleasure, and that killing of two birds with one stone serves as a prime motivation for me.

Other than that, there is certainly a solitary "few and proud" pride that comes with being one of the few that is accomplishing something worthwhile in their day when most have yet to do a thing.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RATM
    i am never ever motivated to do morning cardio. its the benefits that i get from it that get me out of bed, but i am still a grump and it still sucks
    Probably true for most indeed! The fact you still get up and do it is great though.

~SC~

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    having abs if i continue to persevere is motivation enough!

doby48 is offline Female Member
    I lay out my clothes and HR monitor cause one excuse I tell myself in the morning is that I'm trying to figure out what to wear for cardio (lame I know but being half asleep I believe myself) then fall back asleep half the days. Then I try to keep a visual of what my motivation is in my head, for example if you are motivated by a person put a picture of that person by your bed so you see it first thing in the morning.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    A picture of my fat ass from two years ago. That and the fact I wake up early everyday makes it a lot easier.

bigdog55 is offline New Member
    you just gotta get through it a few times man then it will be habit. put your alarm across the room so when you have to get up to shut it off you are already out of bed and have your clothes sitting by yuor alarm. the results you will get will be well worth getting out of bed!

Thread Information