worldknown is offline Banned

Clean and Jerk!?

What is it? All i have heard is that it is "the" only excercise that can work your whole body, and that they use it for 1 out of the 3 excercises in the olympics? Am i missing something by not doing it? Thanks guys

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    The Snatch and the Clean and Jerk are the two lifts which comprise Olympic weightlifting. There are countless variations on each of them which athletes use in training but unless you are really patient and have access to a good coach, I wouldn't bother with them.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i use to do them, they are good. there are many variations as chicamahomico said. some do it as an upright row with a very wide grip that they throw their hips under. very hard to explain

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Do a search on it. I found a site once like that that showed step-by-step, text-book pictures of how to do it olympic style. Very helpful and informative. I was doing them until I hurt my rotator cuff on bench. I was able to do them with my body weight. I'm 6' 3" and was then 195 lbs.

This move is said to give you that Hurculian look by developing wide shoulders and trapezious muscles. My mom noticed a difference in three months. You should take your question to the power lifting section.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    the snatch aggrovates my hip so i dont bother with it.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    i jerk and clean

Kaleb is offline Associate Member
    i jerk and clean
    LMFAO!!!!

Why even clean?

The Base is offline Associate Member
    Fantastic set of exercises which are awesome for power and strength improvemnets. I have used them for years, not so much at the moment but over the years I have put a lot of time into the exercises.

As said before there are so many variations of the lifts, Cleans, power cleans, hang cleans, clean pulls, clean and jerk, jerks, quarter jerks, and also to learn the disciplines you have your snatch/clean balance exercise which break down the disciplines so you can learn them a lot easier.
    With the snatch you basically have much the same range of variations, pulls, hang power etc etc.

But you do need to learn the technique correctly other wise you could just train yourself to injury after injury.

Great for legs back traps shoulders

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member

Kaleb is offline Associate Member
    What day would you do that? I'm guessing shoulder and trap day but maybe I'm wrong?

The Base is offline Associate Member
    I used to do at least 2 variations of exercises every training session!

And then I would do all the other lifting that I could

Every other week I switch from upright rows to hang cleans. I Did cleans throughout highschool and now I just like them. Nothing hits the fast twitch in my traps/delts hard than just exploding up 225+ plus pounds from a hanging position. If you do them right and intense they work real nice. Once you start putting the weight up on cleans, your poundage on uprights will go up pretty quick.

Thread Information