BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Get on my case regarding my DC exercise selections:

Chest:
    A) Incline Cable Presses (absolutely LOVE these)
    B) *Slight* Incline Dumbbell Presses
    C) Incline Smith Presses

Back Width:
    A) Pull-Ups
    B) W-I-D-E Grip Pulldowns
    C) Rack Pull-Ups

Back Thickness:
    A) Deadlifts
    B) Wedge Rows (stick the bar in the corner and use the pulley attachment)
    C) Rack Deadlifts

Shoulders:
    A) Seated Military Presses
    B) Arnold Presses
    C) Upright Rows

Triceps:
    A) Dips
    B) Close-Grips
    C) Decline Dumbbell Nosebreakers

Biceps:
    A) Standing Barbell Curls
    B) Seated Hammer Curls
    C) Standing Cable Curls (big fan of the constant tension with the negatives)

Quads:
    A) Box Squats
    B) Smith Hacks
    C) Leg Presses

Hams:
    A) Lying Leg Curls
    B) Stiff Leg Deads
    C) Leg Press Hamstring Presses (hard to explain, but i place my feet way high and it targets the hams every time)

Calves:
    A) Seated Calf Raises
    B) Leg Press Calves
    C) Standing Dumbbell Calf Raises

So, anything that really should or should not be in there? As many of you following my journal know, my body was just screaming for about 5-7 days off, and I'm reluctantly giving it just that. When I refire tomorrow, I plan on having these exercises make up my split.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    you have a new journal? **** i need to pay more attention. How long have you been running DC's program? Ive actually been interested to see how it fares with a cycle. Im running it as well and hope to start up the juice again soon. Ill check out your journal for sure...

as for your workout, I am by no means a final authority, but Ill give you my .02 just the same.

Chest: It seems you like the incline a lot. personally im a fan of fly's, but as DC dictates I have moved on from flys as I was not able to top my previous weight/reps. If it were me, I'd throw in something for the width and drop the smith machine...but thats just me

Back width:looks good to me, to you do weighted pullups?

Thickness: Well, doing deadlifts that often would cause a problem for me personally, but if you can hang with it I say go for it. Deadlifts really take the life from me...god i love em.

Shoulders: only comment I have is on the seated press. Although difficult at first, I have come to love the standing military press (infront of my head of course) I find that it stresses the secondary muscles as well for added benefit.

legs: looks good. how do you like box squats? Ive never honestly given them a chance.

Calves: I dont have any experience with standing dumbell calf raises, how are they working out for you? You ever try the donkey calf raises?

peace bro
    symatech
    Last edited by symatech; 07-07-2004 at 05:00 PM. Reason: it seems i cant spell

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    How about incline bi curls? Gotta include those suckers...

Swellin Guest
    It looks pretty good Big G. There are couple that I would toss, but maybe my buddy In-Human can drop by and help more.

What about the ole forearms?

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    It looks pretty good Big G. There are couple that I would toss, but maybe my buddy In-Human can drop by and help more.

What about the ole forearms?
    I'm quite relunctant to include forearms as their better than decent size already cause my worst bodypart, arms, to look even worse.

Swellin Guest
    Well, that is part of the training. I certainly understand your point; however, to accept this training you need to accpet the whole thing (insert any kind of religious remark here...I'm too dull to come up with anything witty right now).

Now where the heck is IH (he's one of DC's high priests).

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Chest:
    A) Incline Cable Presses (absolutely LOVE these)
    B) *Slight* Incline Dumbbell Presses
    C) Incline Smith Presses

Back Width:
    A) Pull-Ups
    C) Rack Pull-Ups

Back Thickness:
    A) Deadlifts
    B) Wedge Rows (stick the bar in the corner and use the pulley attachment)
    C) Rack Deadlifts

Shoulders:
    B) Arnold Presses
    C) Upright Rows

Triceps:
    A) Dips
    B) Close-Grips
    C) Decline Dumbbell Nosebreakers

Biceps:
    B) Seated Hammer Curls
    C) Standing Cable Curls (big fan of the constant tension with the negatives)

Quads:
    A) Box Squats
    B) Smith Hacks
    C) Leg Presses

Hams:
    A) Lying Leg Curls
    B) Stiff Leg Deads
    C) Leg Press Hamstring Presses (hard to explain, but i place my feet way high and it targets the hams every time)

Calves:
    A) Seated Calf Raises
    B) Leg Press Calves
    C) Standing Dumbbell Calf Raises
    Chest: I would drop the DB presses.

back thickness: I would drop one of the DL's for now, I'd probably substitute GM's if you wanted to stick with a hip flexion exercise here, or you could just use a row.

Shoulders: I would use the smith machine for the military presses. I would drop the arnolds.

I would reconsider doing forearms. Although this isn't really that big of a deal, I always recommend ppl go with the original template for a couple months before they begin making changes.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    Chest: I would drop the DB presses.
    I'm def already considering that, as I've found it almost impossible to truly hit triceps hard the few times I did use a pure free weight exercise for chest. I may end up reverting back to the hammer strength press.

back thickness: I would drop one of the DL's for now, I'd probably substitute GM's if you wanted to stick with a hip flexion exercise here, or you could just use a row.
    While I don't want to do this, logistically I may be forced to as I look ahead. Besides, a nice row can't hurt as I want to bring my lats up from *all* angles

Shoulders: I would use the smith machine for the military presses. I would drop the arnolds.
    I've gone back and forth between whether I should start with one of the other with regards to militaries, but I'm curious as to why you're opposed to the Arnolds. I want to do as much as possible to ensure I'm hitting my side delts, and those have always seemed to do just that for me.

I would reconsider doing forearms. Although this isn't really that big of a deal, I always recommend ppl go with the original template for a couple months before they begin making changes.
    I suppose it wouldn't hurt to include them and drop them if they continue to overwhelm the arms...but I've got to be careful here as I've got a critical eye towards proportion as I move towards the goal of fitness modeling as opposed to just being as big as possible.

Many thanks for the suggestions though, i'll certainly take them all to heart, particularly as this is still very much an experimental thing for me.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I'm def already considering that, as I've found it almost impossible to truly hit triceps hard the few times I did use a pure free weight exercise for chest. I may end up reverting back to the hammer strength press.

While I don't want to do this, logistically I may be forced to as I look ahead. Besides, a nice row can't hurt as I want to bring my lats up from *all* angles

I've gone back and forth between whether I should start with one of the other with regards to militaries, but I'm curious as to why you're opposed to the Arnolds. I want to do as much as possible to ensure I'm hitting my side delts, and those have always seemed to do just that for me.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to include them and drop them if they continue to overwhelm the arms...but I've got to be careful here as I've got a critical eye towards proportion as I move towards the goal of fitness modeling as opposed to just being as big as possible.

Many thanks for the suggestions though, i'll certainly take them all to heart, particularly as this is still very much an experimental thing for me.
    Well I tend to avoid the DB exercises and most free wt exercises on chest/shoulders simply because its a work capacity issue, my tri's are dead before i get to their exercise. In-human has stated that its simply akward to rest pause DB exercises. So those are a couple reasons, you can always still try it out, but i would expect you'll find the same thing. Of course the main point is to keep the strength gains coming.

If you want to have both the DLs in there, thats probably fine, i just like to vary things a lil bit more, in this case I suggest GM's because it would reinforce the DL and vice versa, whereas DLs don't reinforce DLs, i suppose its something i carried over from WSB. In any case, the main point as always is to keep the strength gains coming.

Anyways just a couple suggestions, you should be able to figure what exercises work as you go along, and in any case i would urge you to read the CFP thread as it will solidify your overall understanding of the system.

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Chest:
    A) Incline Cable Presses (absolutely LOVE these)NEVER HEARD OF THESE HOW BOUT A DECLINE MOVEMENT
    B) *Slight* Incline Dumbbell PressesTOUGH TO R/P DBS
    C) Incline Smith Presses

Back Width:
    A) Pull-Ups
    C) Rack Pull-Ups RACK CHINS?

Back Thickness:
    A) Deadlifts
    B) Wedge Rows (stick the bar in the corner and use the pulley attachment)T-BAR ROWS OR BENT ROWS
    C) Rack Deadlifts

Shoulders:
    B) Arnold Presses SMYTHE BEHIND THE NECK
    C) Upright Rows ANY SHOULDER PRESS MACHINE

Triceps:
    A) Dips WEIGHTED
    B) Close-Grips SMYTHE
    C) Decline Dumbbell Nosebreakers BB SKULLS OR EZ CURLS ON THE FLOOR

Biceps:
    B) Seated Hammer Curls SEATED DB CURLS
    C) Standing Cable Curls (big fan of the constant tension with the negatives) USE A PREACHER WITH THESE

Quads:
    A) Box Squats FREE SQUATS
    B) Smith Hacks
    C) Leg Presses

Hams:
    A) Lying Leg Curls
    B) Stiff Leg Deads
    C) Leg Press Hamstring Presses (hard to explain, but i place my feet way high and it targets the hams every time) SUMO PRESSES THEY ARE CALLED FEET AT THE OUTER TOP OF PLATE TOES POINTED OUT

Calves:
    A) Seated Calf Raises
    B) Leg Press Calves
    C) Standing Dumbbell Calf Raises TRY LEG PRESS RAISES

So, anything that really should or should not be in there? As many of you following my journal know, my body was just screaming for about 5-7 days off, and I'm reluctantly giving it just that. When I refire tomorrow, I plan on having these exercises make up my split.
    YES I WOULD ADD FOREARMS NO MATTER WHAT, PINWHEELS, REVERSE CABLE CURLS AND HAMMER DB CURLS

Check the quote for my changes in caps...

Well I tend to avoid the DB exercises and most free wt exercises on chest/shoulders simply because its a work capacity issue, my tri's are dead before i get to their exercise. In-human has stated that its simply akward to rest pause DB exercises. So those are a couple reasons, you can always still try it out, but i would expect you'll find the same thing. Of course the main point is to keep the strength gains coming.

If you want to have both the DLs in there, thats probably fine, i just like to vary things a lil bit more, in this case I suggest GM's because it would reinforce the DL and vice versa, whereas DLs don't reinforce DLs, i suppose its something i carried over from WSB. In any case, the main point as always is to keep the strength gains coming.

Anyways just a couple suggestions, you should be able to figure what exercises work as you go along, and in any case i would urge you to read the CFP thread as it will solidify your overall understanding of the system.
    The problem doing rest/pause with DBs is the safety factor and the set factor, just getting them set on and off the rack is very tough doing r/p worksets, if you have to do them then go higher reps like 15-30RP, same for Flat BB Press...

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    what exactly are rack chins, how do they differ then a normal pull-up. and a normall pull up for me is palms facing away from the chest at a wide grip.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    what exactly are rack chins, how do they differ then a normal pull-up. and a normall pull up for me is palms facing away from the chest at a wide grip.
    Rack shins use a support under your feet, with your body making a L shape...except your feet quite a bit above parrallel. You can use lifting straps to hold onto the bar (I have to). You have a spotter place a fixed barbell in your lap and you do chins. There are pics of this out there. I think the best one I have seen is at musclemayhem.

Here you go:

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forum/cg...T;f=10;t=14564

Enjoy...

Thanks In-Human, now i just gotta figure out the stretches.

Swellin Guest
    IH posted the link to the drawing I was thinking of, so here is a link for some stretches...http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...stretching.htm

MrDezel is offline Banned
    I have been doing DC for about 3 weeks now and every day after the gym I am exahusted. Good **** if you ask me!

You should really throw in forearms even if you already have some nice ones on ya.

Ive been doing it for 2, my problem is i am not fealing sore after my workouts, and I dont understand why. I am following everything. And im getting stronger. for example last week i did incline at 225 for 12 reps on a straight go, this week i did it for 15 on a straight go. but i wasnt sore. feels weird, in my old training i was always sore, but i dont think i was making much progress.

Ive been doing it for 2, my problem is i am not fealing sore after my workouts, and I dont understand why. I am following everything. And im getting stronger. for example last week i did incline at 225 for 12 reps on a straight go, this week i did it for 15 on a straight go. but i wasnt sore. feels weird, in my old training i was always sore, but i dont think i was making much progress.
    I do not get so sore anymore this is my 25th year of lifting heavy, but I have never been this fatigued in all my life from doing such low volume and such heavy ass weight, I never been this strong and I gained 30 lbs in 6 months at the age of 40...

Quote Originally Posted by In-Human
    I do not get so sore anymore this is my 25th year of lifting heavy, but I have never been this fatigued in all my life from doing such low volume and such heavy ass weight, I never been this strong and I gained 30 lbs in 6 months at the age of 40...

Yea, i needed something new, and this looks promising. I am going to stick with it for a while. For a while i wasnt sure how the method was supposed to work, but then reading that page on muscle memory someone pasted earlier, it all makes sense.

Thread Information