Thread: Incline

Juice a go-go is offline Junior Member

Incline

The last couple of weeks every time i do incline bench press, my right shoulder always ends up hurting (like a pinching pain) but it doesnt happen with any other exercise. Can any body tell me why this is so and if anybody has had the same problems?

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    I get the same problem bro. Its a pain in my left shoulder though. The only thing that will heal that is some time off. good luck.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    it could be you are on too much of an incline, or you did chest too soon after shoulders, or your using a bad grip

Kaleb is offline Associate Member
    Bro I get the same pain on incline and I don't get the pain on any other workout. My buddy gets the same pain while doing BB. Today he did Smith Incline and said he didn't feel any pain.

Thanx for the feed back

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    ya i would say check your grip and form.. also maybe focus on stetching it out a little more before your workout..

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb
    Bro I get the same pain on incline and I don't get the pain on any other workout. My buddy gets the same pain while doing BB. Today he did Smith Incline and said he didn't feel any pain.
    this is true to, it takes a lot of pressure off your shoulders, but also weakens stabalizers which isnt that good in the long run

Mr.Magoo is offline Junior Member
    You might have to back off on some of the weight. Good form is always more important than the amount of weight. I use dumbells because you use some of the smaller muscles to help with stability. Try doing incline first in your routine so you aren't burned out from other exercises. Do you have any previous injury's like a torn rotator cuff, etc.

i get the same pain in my right shoulder but only with straight bar incline not dumbbells

No previous injury's and it is usally the first exercise i do, but i'll try it with dumbells and see how they go
    thanx all

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Dumbbells have been a blessing for my shoulders. Anyway it is just a more natural range of motion than the bar. With the bar your hands can't come closer together at the top and that is what tweaks your front shoulders.

Thread Information