butterface is offline Banned

wow what a realization

I've been doing too much weight with horrible form. Used to do 225 on incline for 10 reps bad form. Started doing 145 and doing a negative for 6 seconds then going up in 4 seconds. My upper chest which I could never move is buringing like hell right now. A friend of mine does this on every set adn every body part and has grown like crazy and gotten very vascular. I found my new workout.

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by butterface
    I've been doing too much weight with horrible form. Used to do 225 on incline for 10 reps bad form. Started doing 145 and doing a negative for 6 seconds then going up in 4 seconds. My upper chest which I could never move is buringing like hell right now. A friend of mine does this on every set adn every body part and has grown like crazy and gotten very vascular. I found my new workout.
    im trying that tomorrow then. Im not satisfied with my chest at all

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    225 down to 145? must have been pretty ****ty form

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I may have to try that technique.

butterface is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    I still did 225 at that form but for like 4 reps. I did 185 for 10 for another rep then went down to 145 and stuck there for another 6 reps and waried grip.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    never sacrifice form for weight.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    are 4 second positves the way to go? I always heard, slow negatives, explosive positives...

singern is offline Banned
    Slow controled positive, and 4 to 6 second negative made all the difference for me.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Didnt realize you could have bad form on bench, especially incline. I always just bring the bar down slowly, and stop it right before my chest and explode back up. I think my chest strength is spready fairly well since my arms dont fall behind one another.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I might try this every other week.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    Didnt realize you could have bad form on bench, especially incline. I always just bring the bar down slowly, and stop it right before my chest and explode back up. I think my chest strength is spready fairly well since my arms dont fall behind one another.
    Essentially, people elevate their hips on incline bench, mimicking more the flat bench exercise, thus, pushing more weight.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Essentially, people elevate their hips on incline bench, mimicking more the flat bench exercise, thus, pushing more weight.
    Yeah. The bodies natural tendency is to find the easy way out - and adhering to good form while under major stress is paramount to bodybuilding. The pec major is larger than the pec minor - so your body figures it can recruit more muscle fibers ans save itself from what appears to be dangerous situation...

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    A common rule (nothing too specific) is a 4-0-2-0 for long ranges (for example, Squats or Bench Presses) - larger limbs... and 3-0-1-0 for shorter (for example, Bicep or Hamstring Curls)...

BTW... those numbers are written in sec like this: eccentric(negative) - extended(bottom) - concentric (positive) - contraction(top)

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    This principal is along the lines of H.I.T. where strict form and controlled slow movements are harder than slinging more weight with zero form.
    This brings into account that in H.I.T. you are basically doing 1 workout every week or until you are rested. I used the principals of H.I.T. but Dorian's version of it and if anyone saw his video you see controlled movements, not so much negatives but no rocking or swinging or any BS like that. Control up and down. I have found better strength and size gains while doing movements in this manner.

SID

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    Not necessarily. I *always* prided myself on having very, very solid form, and did according to all of those I trained with. When switching to a DC training style, however, with TRUE eight second negatives, I was blown away and then some by the degree to which this change in style forces you to absolutely slash the weights if you're going to approach the training from an honest and worthwhile perspective. I'm talking true knees-to-armpits leg presses that used to be done with 8-11 plates per side depending on the rep scheme for the day and now down to four per side on a low rep day. That negative sucks a lot out of you, no doubt about it.

It's humbling for sure, but what I've been telling people since I started training this way is that I used to train so that people would stare in awe while I was in the gym, now I train so that people will stare in awe while I am outside of the gym. Big difference.

Thread Information