MaxMuscle1985 is offline New Member

Maximum muscle growth

Im looking for maximum muscle growth but im not sure if what i was told was correct, i was told that to get maximum muscle i want to do more reps say 12-14 rather that super heavy with 4-6(for strengh with the 4-6 form what im told)for maximum growth of muscle, is this true??

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    What I do is find out the absolute maximum that I can lift on each exersize. Then lift two thirds of that as many times as I can concentrating on different muscle groups each time u work out

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Here is an excellent resource from Warrior, a knowledgeable bro on this site..

These are his 'Guidelines to Growth'... worth a look

CLICK HERE

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    I think one more thing to think about is that there isnt just one way to grow. True some ways are better than others, but lets face it, there are too many different philosophies as far as which excersize triggers the most growth. IMO you should just listen to everyones advice and then go out and try several different things. Try high reps for a month or two. Then switch to less reps. I did the high rep thing and never saw any gains.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    for me 6-10 reps is optiamal for size gains. 12-14 reps is **** in my opinion.

it also depends on the muscle too. legs-10-12 reps is the ticket. chest-1-8 occasionally 10-12 bicepts-8-12 occasionally down to 6 shoulders anything

i also agree with cutmeup. Muscles are way way way too complex to only use one strategy and one philosophy to grow. For the longest time i have been using more of a low volume 1 set max intensity approach until stalling recently. i just went back to the pyramid and noticed quick hypertrophy and a .5 inch circumfrence gain in my arms. 17.5 jumped to 18 in 2-3 weeks of incorporating a new strategy and philosophy contradicting the much talked about dc method

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    IMO coercing your body to adapt in a given way, in this case building muscle, requires a fairly constant change of stimulus. Physiologist types argue amongst themselves but you will hear adaptation generally takes place in 6-14 weeks. Everybody is different, you need to find what works for you and trial and error is the only way. IMO, your training background and the routine in question will largely determine length of a period.

While a training routine with a distinct time frame (a period) will continue to give you results until your muscles, joints, and CNS fully adapt. At the point of adaptation you need to change something(s) in the routine. The change in a routine can be as slight as swapping a few exercises, changing the rep/set scheme or it can be more involved, say starting a new period.

The above doesn't directly answer your question but that's becasue IMO there is no concrete answer to it. For me, I tend to gain the most muscle when reps range from 3-8 and I stick to heavy compound movements.

Thread Information