Thread: Cardio??

wantbiggunz is offline Banned

Cardio??

6"
    215 pds(200 before I began)
    Bodyfat?? (I'm not really concerned about this yet anyway)
    Goals: Bulk up. (245-250 would be nice)
    4 wk cycle of M1T@ 20 mgs daily and 4derm with creatine thrown in during 4th wk only. I hope this is enuf info.

I friend of mine says I should not be doing cardio at all(if I want to bulk), but I read on here where guys are doing cardio.. I'm confused!! When am I supposed to do cardio -- cause I would also like to see my abs at some point. Can someone please enlighten me.
    Last edited by wantbiggunz; 07-08-2004 at 10:58 PM.

Bump. Anybody??

SKiN is offline Member
    Well what kind of weight gain do you want... you can easily get 30 lbs and be a fatass...

I think its always good to throw some cardio in, just moderate it to fit your goals...
    Last edited by ToughGuy13; 07-09-2004 at 12:10 AM.

I'll never be a fatass.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    In my opinion even if you are bulking still do cardio 2x a week just to keep your heart in good condition. I would do 20-30 minutes on your days off.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wantbiggunz
    I'll never be a fatass.
    Lucky you. Then you obviously don't need to worry about cardio.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    If you're a naturally skinny person, you should stay away from cardio all-together while bulking. If you're naturally big, you can do cardio all the time. If you're a naturally medium sized person, then you can pretty much do it either way.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Health Benefits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naturally skinny, but how many people don't need help with the washboard?? Thanks.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    havent done it in the last 2 years (well not regularly, maybe two sessions over 6 months). At youre age there will be some health benefits, but if you are wanting to gain as much size as possible short term and dont care about bf then id say dont do it.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    i would recommend doing cardio if you replace the calories burned...if you dont plan on replacing the calories leave out the cardio.

Quake is offline Member
    Do you need to be fit for another sport?

No other sport, I am just trying to figure all of this out. I want to put on size/mass, and I want to be able to see my abs. I don't think doing abs alone will accomplish this. I think this is where I need to read about bulking up and then cutting down. New to all this technical stuff. I used to just lift and do cardio. I was not eating properly, and although I was getting stronger -- I was losing weight. Don't want to do that again.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If your diet is in order, then you won't have to worry about being so fat that you won't see your abs.

30 mins 3-4 times a week while clean bulking actually improves circulation, speeds recovery, and is not catabolic provided you know how to eat correctly the other 23.5 hours of the day.

~SC~

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I'm naturally skinny and what I first started, I didn't do any cardio at all. I didn't start doing cardio until I was in my late twenties, and even then, it was just a little here and there. If I did cardio, I would never have gained anything. My skin was like tissue paper, you could pretty much see right thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If your diet is in order, then you won't have to worry about being so fat that you won't see your abs.

30 mins 3-4 times a week while clean bulking actually improves circulation, speeds recovery, and is not catabolic provided you know how to eat correctly the other 23.5 hours of the day.

~SC~
    Exactly Swole, I don't think they heard you when you said EATING CORRECTLY the other 23.5 hours of the day.

~SC~

Thnks for the info.. I am in the process of trying to get my diet in order now. I am still learning bout cutting/bulking, etc. And although I think my diet is ok, I'm sure when I post it the diet forum it will be ripped apart. I would appreciate your info on it if you have the time. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by wantbiggunz
    Thnks for the info.. I am in the process of trying to get my diet in order now. I am still learning bout cutting/bulking, etc. And although I think my diet is ok, I'm sure when I post it the diet forum it will be ripped apart. I would appreciate your info on it if you have the time. Thanks again.
    It's been ripped.

~SC~

Thanks. I think..

I have 5.9 percent body fat (10 pounds) weigh 160, 6 ft tall, 15 years old and bench 245 I went out for track and was down to 154 (only been there twice this year after I was sick and during track) while I got even more unhealthy becuase of not enough body fat my bench press and weight lifting took a dive. So it might not be the best thing to do if you want to put some more pounds onto lifting... It may not hurt you to do cardio though my lifting might have taken such a serious decline from not enough food, and trying to do cardio and weightlifting all at the same time. I just now passed my last record before track of 230 on bench after I dove down to like 180-200.

Thread Information