• noon

4 11.76%
  • afternoon

13 38.24%
  • evening

12 35.29%
    radar1234 is offline Member

best time to workout

i was reading about a study done that claims your test lvels are the highest as soon as you wake up.i guess that would be best for recovery growth.i wait until the evening to do my workouts.what do ya think?

Quake is offline Member
    Various, whenever I've got the time to spend.

I would imagine that might go the same for GH levels too being as they are at the highest during sleep. I think that's what I read somewhere anyway.

But in saying that, that is only one factor. There's also other blood levels to think about such as carb, fat and protein levels. These would possibly be at a better level for training later in the day after a few meals have been digested. This being the case, more energy of more variety would be readily available to burn during workout than first thing in the morning or after breakfast, not to mention whatever minerals and vitamins would also be available in the blood that make workouts more efficient.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I think the best time to workout is once you get about 3 good sized meals and a cocacola in you, Which for me is about 12noon or 1pm, I feel the most energized at that point.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    i seem to workout best around 2pm, but as that has been my time to get up recently i havent been getting in my workouts till about 5 or 6. I find as soon as it starts going dark i lose some of my drive to train.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I think the best time to work out is when you have the most energy for it. If you are a morning person and you have a lot of energy in the morning, then you should work out in the morning. If you are an evening person and you have a lot of energy in the evening, then you should work out in the evening.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    I found I had my best workouts when I went in the late afternoon after school (when I was still going). Now that I'm working and I have to go in the evenings I still have good workouts but sh!t its hard to fall asleep for at least a few hours after.

And btw mornings are the worst time in my opinion b/c you need at least two meals in you before you lift.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i cant work out in the morning, i get too tired and start yawning gurring sets and in between, plus concentration isnt there

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I find that training first thing in the morning best for me personally.I've trained at varous times tru-out the day and nite.Right now i train at 5/6 a.m. So that i have enough energy to train first thing in the morning, my coach and i changed my diet: having me eating carbs as my last meal at night.So i wake up.. pop my supps and head straight to the gym on an empty stomach (or after a light protein shake: Whey Isolate) and start pumping.Been doing this so far this year.My strength is tru the roof.My pumps are MAD.And i haven't used ANY gear since last year February.Right now i'm 6 weeks out from nationals..eating a ****load of carbs at nite and getting leaner and harder from my a.m. training.Reason being, you're alot stronger in a.m. cus you've haven't expended any energy towards day-to-day tasks (walking e.t.c.) as yet, and your test levels are high.

All in all tho... to determine what works best for you, you'd have to establish what 'kind' of person you are... i.e. a 'morning' 'evening' or 'night' person. In the End tho, when time is factor, the best time to train is when you can get it in

decadbal is offline Banned
    for me to get a good one, i need atleast 2500 calories in my system before hand, so iw ork out right after i get off work.. bout 6pm

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    I workout around 3pm after I have gotten 3 good sized meals in my stomach.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    I workout around 3pm after I have gotten 3 good sized meals in my stomach.
    I agree bro! Ya gotta feed the machine before you put it to work!

MJ

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    lol i remember reading once on franco columbos website he offers 10 tips... and one of them it says.. your best time to workout is between 2:30-4:30. didnt say why but id have to assume it has to do with eating a few meals first...

Beernutz is offline Member
    i find i have the best amount of energy at around 9:00pm. I dont workout that late tho because i got to bed at 9:30 because of an early work schedule. My gym is very close to my house and i notice whenever i drive by it at night i always think to myself , $hit if i walked into the gym right now i feel like i would crush those weights.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Not sure how much stock people put into Circadian Rhythems, but after having a schedule already in place it turned out that I was exercising at the peak time, so I guess it works for me. Here is a brief explanation for those who aren't familiar with the concept...

Circadian rhythms are the daily cycles that our bodies follow. These rhythms originate in the hypothalamus and regulate everything from body temperature and metabolism to blood pressure. The rhythms result from the firing rate of neurons. They have conformed to our 24-hour light-to-dark cycle, and may be regulated each day according to the environment.

The influence of circadian rhythms on body temperature seems to yield the most control over the quality of a workout. When body temperature is at its highest, your workouts will likely be more productive; when your temperature is low, chances are your exercise session may be less than optimal. Body temperature is at its lowest about one to three hours before most of us wake up in the morning, in contrast to late afternoon when body temperature reaches its peak.

Studies have consistently shown that exercise during these late-in-the-day hours produces better performance and more power. Muscles are warm and more flexible, perceived exertion is low, reaction time is quicker, strength is at its peak, and resting heart rate and blood pressure are low.

Finding Your Peak
    To determine your own circadian peak in body temperature, record your temperature every couple of hours for five to six consecutive days. Body temperature usually fluctuates by plus or minus 1.5 degrees throughout the day. Try exercising during the period three hours before and after your highest temperature. If you are an early bird or a night owl, you may notice that your temperature peaks one to two hours before or after the norm (between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.); you can adjust your exercise time accordingly.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    i was reading about a study done that claims your test lvels are the highest as soon as you wake up.i guess that would be best for recovery growth.i wait until the evening to do my workouts.what do ya think?
    Is that why i always wake up with a woody???

-B-

Thread Information