Thread: empty stomach

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member

empty stomach

If you have to eat a meal before cardio, (i.e. doing cardio at night time or during the afternoon), what would be the best meal to eat beforehand (pro/fat?) and how long should the last meal be before working out so that you can still see benefits from doing the cardio?

I remember seeing 4 hours but then I saw 6-8 on another post for time w/o eating.

I hope this is clear.

thanks

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I'd do pro-fat but wait at least 3 hours before doing cardio. Doing cardio with any food in your stomach is just retarded in my opinion, because your cardio uses all the food in your stomach/digestive tract for fuel instead of fat, so all you're really doing is depriving yourself of muscle building nutrients. I guess that could make you thinner, at the expense of muscle though.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I like working out and doing cardio on an empty stomach. Like my cardio is first thing in the morning. And i eat sometime before my lift, but by the time i get to the gym i have already digested it all.

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    I'd do pro-fat but wait at least 3 hours before doing cardio. Doing cardio with any food in your stomach is just retarded in my opinion, because your cardio uses all the food in your stomach/digestive tract for fuel instead of fat, so all you're really doing is depriving yourself of muscle building nutrients. I guess that could make you thinner, at the expense of muscle though.
    i do my cardio in the morning almost all the time. I was just wondering what I should do just incase one day I need to do it at a later point. Is it just not even worth it?

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I would say only do it on an empty stomach for fat burning. If you miss a day just do it a different day, that is if youre on a mon wed fri schedule or sumthin. If you do cardio everyday taking one day off wouldnt hurt much. I know some guys at school who run at like 2 in the morning, they dont eat for a while before hand so thier stomachs are probably empty, that would be alright. Your stomach takes 4-5 hours to completely digest something, keep that in mind when planning your workouts.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Oatmeal is probably the best thing to eat before doing cardio. You should eat it about an hour before working out.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    Oatmeal is probably the best thing to eat before doing cardio. You should eat it about an hour before working out.
    oat meal before cardio..!?

Either way it should be pro/fat 2-2.5 hours before hand if its solid 1.5-2 if its liquid i would still take a r-ala tab before hand..

decadbal is offline Banned
    it all depends on what your tryin to achieve some do cardio when bulkin if your dietin down you dont want alot of carbs in your bloodstream, so your body has to burn stored fat, if you eat alot of carbs...oatmeal, once they are broken down and digested and are in the bloodstream your body will burn them for energy and not use stored fat.. protein is my advice and dont eat for an hr before u do it..

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Yes, oatmeal. Most marathon runners eat oatmeal before running long distances. It gives you the energy to get through a long workout, and since your body keeps breaking down for hours after you finish a good cardio session, the carbs from the oatmeal are depleated way before your body stops buring fuel.

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    These are all pretty good replies.
    I'd say if you're looking to burn fat, cardio on a empty stomach is the best weight ( preferebly first thing in the morning). If youve put on alot of muscle nad want to preserve as much as possible, eat something extremely light, cereal, a slice of toast, etc..and weight between 1-2 hours before cardio

Cuttup

Thread Information