Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member

Pull-ups workout??

I can't really do a whole hell of a lot of pullups, so I am going to set some goals of being able to do about 30 or so. Being able to do that many will really define my lats. I am fortunate to have a pullup bar at home. Does anyone have a good routine so that it wont conflict with my regular lifting regimine?

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Wouldn't you place them in the rotation while doing back? I can't do pull-ups worth a **** so I've been doing negatives......seems to be working.....it's kicking my lats in the ass.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i do wide grip pullups as the very first thing in my back workout.. my workout buddy and i do a total of 50... we do as many sets as it takes to get there.. and we remember how many it took to do, for the next workout we try to do it in less sets..usually takes me 5 sets..

Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member
    phatmark, that's a pretty good idea.. after that i bet the lats are feeling pumped..

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Try to space it out from your bicep workout. Your bis tend to get a good workout from pullups (either forward or reverse). Or you can do the pull ups as a pre exhaust for the bis.

LM1332 Guest
    like Phat said do as many as you can at a time until you get to 30

decadbal is offline Banned
    you will wanna focus on the quality of the pull ups, not the amount you do, nice slow with a good squeeze at the top...

nj123 is offline Member
    i can usually get out about 10 good pulls ups and then i use a 25 lb weight and put it in my belt. i usually will get 3 sets of 6-8 with the 25. do yall think thats a good way or should i just stick to no weight and try to do a bunch?

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I would wait until I can do 15 using perfect form and able to pull up all the way to the chest before adding weight. You can injur your shoulder by adding weight before your body is ready for it.

Thread Information