se11 is offline Associate Member

1 inch on arms = 10 lbs. ?

I've herd that for every inch on your arm can be equal to 10 lbs of body weight. is this true? and if it is what is the max size of an arm with a bodyweight of 160 pounds.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I thought that on inch of muscle diameter is about a one pound gain. It would probably vary from chest to arm though.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Five pounds a piece? Definately not 10 lbs per arm for every inch. Pick up a ten pound weight and see if that would fit in that one inch of muscle.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyone know how fast you can put on one inch in your arm? My old PE coach said it takes months to put on an inch.

Grappler_Mike is offline New Member
    Took me 7 months naturally to add a little over a 1/2 inch to my arms.About 10 lbs lean muscle total to my whole body.

Im 5'11 btw.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    i dont think that could be true because a guy who is 6'6" could fit more mass on his arms just because they are longer. it would vary so much depending on height

worldknown is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    i dont think that could be true because a guy who is 6'6" could fit more mass on his arms just because they are longer. it would vary so much depending on height
    'yes but it would take longer and more than 10lbs if you go by that rule becuase their arm is bigger therefore more room to fill.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    10 lbs seems about right to me. your not going to only add muscle to your arms. To gain an inch on your arms, that means your chest, back and shoulders had to grow too to stay in proportion, thats where the 10 lbs come from. i have 18 inch guns and am fairly lean at 200. when i was 160, i think i might have had maybe 15.5-16 inch arms.

Thread Information