TXstang347 is offline New Member

Just starting out

I'm 25 years, 6'0" tall and just got my weight down from 195lbs to 157lbs. I have not worked out since high school (140lbs then) and didn't see much result back then. People complemented me on my weight at about 165 and now everyone says I look scrawny. The plan was to loose weight and start building muscle. Anyone have any good weekly workout advice and how often to up the weight? I'm looking for a lean defined body which is what I think my body type is anyways. Don't think I would be one of those massive magazine type even if I wanted to.

Thanks

doby48 is offline Female Member
    First, read the stickys on this board and some of your questions will be answered there... With regards to how often to increase your weights, that will depend on the progress you make some people are easy gainers and others aren't but don't rush it and add weights before you are ready to otherwise you will not only be sacraficing your form but also opening the door to injury.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

brian11 is offline Member
    And in case you dont know what a sticky is, its the thread at the top of the pages in red, they are ones that the mods thought were important enough to highlight and leave for everyone to read.

-B-

P.S. this site has everything you need to know about everything, so just search, read, and learn.

decadbal is offline Banned
    up the wt when your ready and can. workout atleast 3 or 4 days aw eek, do every bodypart, dont do chest and bis. eat and learn the nutritional aaspect of this game.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    When i was younger i used to judge when i should increase the weight this way.

For example, Dumbbell bench. Say i did 65x10 70x8 75x6 80x4, if i got the 4 or more on the last set, id go up 5lbs the next week. If not id stay at those Db weights till i can complete it. and by going up 5lbs i meen my start weight would then shift to 70 and same with the rest.

In retrospect its not all that great of a method. Cause some people end up just slacking on previous sets to try to get that last set. Id personally say go balls deep on every set. And just try yo beat those reps next week. if you can, then increase your weight.

TXstang347 is offline New Member

Gottcha

Thanks for all the info.

Thread Information