realmxofxnoise is offline Junior Member

Question New Routine Help (Please!)

Hello Everyone,

Sunday, I will be starting a new training regiment, and I need some help/advice. Here's my situation:

I work 9AM - 6PM. So my plan is of course to do:

Cardio: Everyday (45-60Min) on an empty stomach at 75-85% of THR.
    On top of that one muscle group a day. Naturally.

Correct me if I'm wrong, after the cardio (by the way, is that correct cardio?) supposed to eat the first meal within 45 minutes or so and after eating wait about an hour or so before going to do the weight training?

- Question regarding above: For first meal - suggestions? I heard oatmeal. Ah I forgot to mention, vegan of course, and plan on calcuating all my nutrients, etc on a daily basis and am going to be strict about it. I know everyone suggests low carbs, etc - however I will do my best for low carbs, but I do need a bit more than average I'd imagine (from what I read with other's) for MMA, etc. So for first meal I should have a meal, and not a shake or anything correct? I suppose I just need to know what the order of eating, and typical amount of carbs/protein is, or should I just use the calculators? Thanks in advance for that.

- The main question I suppose would be due to my work schedule it will be hard to accomplish everything as planned, so I was wondering about if I have lunch at 2PM, can I eat, and by the time I get out, will be pretty much emtpy enough for cardio, etc? Or should I just have a little something, or a shake or something? Ideas on shakes are very welcomed too - I of course have my chocolate flavored protein, any ideas of what else to throw in there would be great, and how to make em' up since I'm very un experienced in most all of this. But it's time to get serious as I've been changing a lot of things.

Well - I know this is a lot to read, so I'll stop here in the hopes that I covered the majority and you all get the idea. Here is my info:

- 6' 4"
    - 265lbs
    - No Cycle

Thank you very much in advance!!!!

Nick

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    eat 6-7 meals evenly spaced out. yes you can have lunch at 2. as for your cardio try to go 70-75%mhr. Also immdeitaely after doing cardio, have a protein/fat meal to keep lipolysis going. as for the wight training why dont you do it after work?

Quake is offline Member
    Listen to spoon. You should be eating more than you suggest you are. Fatty acids and other foods are essential on a daily basis, and far from keeping your weight, they will help you to lose weight. Get a good book on Vitamins and Minerals, one that tells you in what foods the vitamins and minerals can be found, search out the types of vits and minerals you want and look at what foods they can be found in. Even though you're a vegan, this will help a great deal.

Make sure you have a decent protein intake per day, estimate the weight of your lean body mass by finding out your body fat %, then use the usual calculation to find out how much protein you should be taking in per day. If you don't do this, your muscles will become weary, and will be continually sore, making for poorer and poorer workouts.

Spoon - I plan to do my weight training after work, but aren't I supposed to have done cardio about 2 hours before that? So I was basically wondering if I had something to eat at work around 2, would that be okay by the time I get out of work will I have an empty enough stomach to do my cardio on an empty stomach? Also if you have a suggestion of what (as far as protein/fat/carb, etc) I should eat at 2 that would be great.

Any suggestions on what orders meals should be in, etc - like when to take the protein fat, etc shake. So protein and fat go together, but not carbs and fat correct? Thanks for all the info Spoon & Quake! Thanks again for future replies.

Ciao,

- Nick

birsling is offline Member
    Nick, you don't have to do your cardio 2 hrs before weight training. I (and most people here) split morning and afternoon/evening. Cardio first thing when you wake up, weights later in the day. As for your actual question, I have always heard that if you can't get cardio done before you eat in a day, you should wait about three hours after your meal to do it. Stomach should be pretty empty then. Good luck

Birsling - thank you, that was helpful! So if I do cardio at 7:30AM until about 8:30AM go to work from 9-6 then do weight training after work, that will be okay? Within that, eating of course. Now - I was looking at the example meal plan on the steroid .com under "Anabolid Diet Tips", is that good to follow? Obviously I'll have to alter it with vegan foods for the ones that are not vegan! I plan to keep a log of course.

Is that diet example good for cutting some weight, and toning, or just keeping weight where it's at? Thanks again for everything. So far, have definitely been happy with the thread's results, as always. Everyone is always so great.

Thanks again,

- Nick

birsling is offline Member
    Check out the boys in the diet forum for dieting do's and don'ts. They know their s*** better than the average Joe. See SwoleCat's posts and critiques. If anyone can break down a truly clean diet, he can. Also, as a vegan, look into some EFAs to get all of your essentials. I am not vegan, but I was having trouble getting my essentials in, and I got recommended Udo's Choice Blend oil. I mix it into shakes to give me what I need. Check that out also. It is made by Flora. Good luck, and go to the diet forum.

Thread Information