Thread: Calves

Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Calves

My calves havent ever really grown much. Well i read a post by Jbigdog69 reccomending holding a contraction at the top. Well i tried it out but put my own spin on it, doing it unilaterally for 2 sets a side before doing both legs together. As a result i cant train calves twice a week anymore, they just arent recovering fast enough. Im going to have to switch to training them every 5th day eg, monday, saturday, thursay, tuesday. If you dont hold a contraction at the top of your calve workout i suggest you try it it bloody hurts!

brian11 is offline Member
    I do the same thing, 2 sets for each leg, then 2 sets with both. I do the machines that you have to stand up on, i dont like the sit down ones.

-B-

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    You really should hold a contraction at the top of all of your movements. You stress more of the muscle fibers that way.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    I do the same thing, 2 sets for each leg, then 2 sets with both. I do the machines that you have to stand up on, i dont like the sit down ones.

-B-
    if you want big calves you should use both types because they stress different parts of the calve. They only have the standing type in my gym

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I do a morning run on mon wed fri and work legs on tues. I did calf raisers extra heavy because I read on here that the calves hold up your body wieght all day so theyre used to 180lbs (for me) and to up the weight sumthin fierce to shock them. As of today they hurt when Im sitting, they hurt when I stand and they hurt when I walk. Its awsome!

Thread Information