moose932 is offline Junior Member

How many days of growth?

How many days are muscles repairing/growing after a hard workout? Lets say I worked my chest on Monday at approximately what day would they quit growing?

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    When you work out, or put any stresses on muscles, you are actually tearing muscle fibers on a cellular level. (thats "of or pertaining to cells of the body" not phones) You are sore because of this. When the fibers repair themselves, using protiens, they become bigger and stronger. They start to grow during your workout and the most anabolic time is 15-30 min after stopping working out. Thats why you want to drink a protien shake right after a work out or eat a high protien meal. This will allow for faster recovery and more growth. To answer your queery, it depends on how hard you worked the muscle, and your recovery rate. Its different for everyone. I find I am very sore two days after I work a group. If I do legs on tues, then I can hardly walk on thurs. Probably between two and four days is when full recovery has taken place in most people.
    Last edited by NIU ROTC; 07-14-2004 at 08:24 PM.

Bigkatz is offline Associate Member
    i agree totaly. i work chest on monday and again on friday. i feel my chest is recovered enough to work out twice a week. and lots of protien right after workout.

i know i have enough protien when i get the poops that nigh. thats to much protien and thats what i want.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    The protien shake $hits are the worst. Your on the can for like half an hour.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Dont forget carbs for your postworkout meal, to shuttle protein to the muscles better. Never take protein just by itself. You might want to put dextrose (corn sugar) in the shake too to cause an insulin spike to make your body even more anabolic at that time.

Good post workout shake - 50g protein and 100g carbs. Half from maltodextrin and half from dextrose.

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Dont forget carbs for your postworkout meal, to shuttle protein to the muscles better. Never take protein just by itself. You might want to put dextrose (corn sugar) in the shake too to cause an insulin spike to make your body even more anabolic at that time.

Good post workout shake - 50g protein and 100g carbs. Half from maltodextrin and half from dextrose.
    It wont make you more anabolic per se, but it does help to take advantage of your bodies anabolic state.

For those people who work each muscle twice in a 7 day period, it will be beneficial for you if every few weeks you take an extended rest period of like 4 or 5 days. That will give your muscles a fresh start and you will come back stronger than before.

-B-

Thread Information