Elysium is offline Productive Member

What motivates you to get out there in the morning?

Hey all,

Cardio before eating anything in the morning is probably the best way to shed some serious fat! BUT, how do you guys motivate yourselves to get down there and train?

In a few weeks i will be hitting cardio hard, im bulking right now and will want to shed some weight, how can i get myself to go down in the mornings?!

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    they key for me was to sleep earlier than i normally would. if your body is well rested, chances are you will wake up with little effort. if you lack sleep, then waking up just to do cardio can be a pain,

also have your shoes, socks and gear prepared so when you wake up your good to go. also what works for me is to put an annoying alarm on my cell phone. good luck

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    The real trick is to get into the habit of doing it everyday and the way to do that is simple. First thing is to get your clothes, gear and food ready and packed the night before. Second, set your alarm clock and hit the hay. When the alarm clock goes off DO NOT just turn it off! Get the hell out of bed and on your feet then turn it off. Put your clothes on and walk out the door.....bathroom trip in between of course. First week might be a little rough but tough it out...pretty soon you'll be used too it and it'll be no big deal. Not tomention you'll sleep like a stone when bedtime gets close.

I'm a morning personand I'm up and out the door by 5 AM eachday......bout the only time I sleep late is on the weekend and for me sleeping in means I sleep till 6.

Cry0smate is offline Member
    I had a hell of a time with this in the beginning but then I just posted a picture of what I used to look like on my bathroom mirror before I had ever picked up a weight in my life and when I was a bloatass . Gotta pee like mad first thing in the morning anyway. As soon as I look at that pic, I'm out the door and it's cardio time.....

I also pack up all my stuff the night before just to make it as easy as possible.

Think the best idea i got from you guys is to get everything ready the night before, make sure my clothes etc are ready.

Thanks you lot!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Listen to the Niki commercials "just do it" . i just tell myself how much of a pussy i am and how big of a vag i will feel like if i dont get my ass out that door. I remind myself what will happen to my wasteline if i dont go.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    Listen to the Niki commercials "just do it" . i just tell myself how much of a pussy i am and how big of a vag i will feel like if i dont get my ass out that door. I remind myself what will happen to my wasteline if i dont go.

Niki = Nike?

brian11 is offline Member
    Totally true about having stuff ready ahead of time, that makes the lazy morning mind set a little better. Also if you take a picture of a really hot girl and then a cut up guy and put them next to each other in your room. That way you can look at her and say that if you want to get her, you have to look like him....works for me anyway.

Or just have the training scenes from any of the Rocky movies on when you wake up

-B-

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I always lay out my PT gear the nite before and am always in formation at 0600. If youre late or dont show up, boy howdy, I dont want to know what the Master Sergeant and Major will make me do. 100's of pushups no doubt.

Beernutz is offline Member
    Ya bro get off your ass suck it up and go. Be tough and think of all the fatasses in the world that would rather sleep then bust a$$ first thing in the morning, and feel good about yourself. By just getting up to go in the morning you are allready better then 98% of the pple in the world regardless of your body stats. After sucking it up for a while youll get used to it and youll get up with less struggle.

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    Ya bro get off your ass suck it up and go. Be tough and think of all the fatasses in the world that would rather sleep then bust a$$ first thing in the morning, and feel good about yourself. By just getting up to go in the morning you are allready better then 98% of the pple in the world regardless of your body stats. After sucking it up for a while youll get used to it and youll get up with less struggle.
    "You'll do more before 8 AM than most people do all day"

Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member

Wink

Take pictures of you at your most disgustingful moment. Then put it in your room and use that as your motivation. After 3 weeks take another one with improved results. And then from 3 - 6 and from 6- 9 until you are motivated enough to do without. Hope that helps if not think of the kids you want to reproduce. Besides kids take up after their parents...So you want ur kids to be stronger, smarter and better than u right...

Devil Dog74

StevePJC is offline Member
    Simple.

For me it's looking at myself every morning and being tired of what I'm looking at.

Made it an hour on the treadmill this morning because of it.

Progress for me is seeing muscles show themselves that I haven't seen in years.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Morning cardio is not only the start of a good day, but also helps to get me up and going for at least the first half of the day. The thought of dragging around all day at work (cuz I couldn't get up) is usually enough by itself to get me motivated first thing in the morning and hit the treadmill.

KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member
    Eca :d

Quake is offline Member
    If you're having a problem with motivation to start off, eat a little something 30 mins to an hour before training, the extra energy will give you a lift, then when you get into the swing of it go on an empty stomach.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Well my room looks really crazy since i paste all my notes all over my walls and **** so where ever i sit i still can look at my walls and study.. btw thats a really good way to get **** down.. on one wall in big ass letters i have a quote written that constantly keeps me going.. "I sacrafice today for a better tommorow" every time i look at it, it gives me just a bit more push..

decadbal is offline Banned
    i just look at it like a job, i have to..

Thread Information