StevePJC is offline Member

301 pounds and STUCK!?!

Ok I started my crash diet on 6/28 and was at 315 pounds. When I say crash diet I mean 1650 calories a day with 325 g of protien. 75 carbs. Strength hasn't dropped too bad. Actually gone up on a few lifts like military press. Can do 235 for 6 reps. Haven't done that in many years.

Why am I stuck? My goal weight by 7/28 is 295. I thought I was well on my way to doing that? I'm riding an average of 7.5 miles every morning. (Ass is killing me from the seat) This morning and for the next few mornings I'm switching to inside cardio because of the blistering heat.

Any ideas?

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    how clean are you eating.....morning cardio on an empty stomach should have that fat melting off of you

I dont eat a thing until I'm done. Breakfast is 1.5 cups of oatmeal and 6 hard boiled egg whites.

I'm on the same diet I've been since I started 6/28. Things were coming off no problem then *poof* I'm stuck.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    come visit me and the homogays at the diet forum, we'll help you out

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    come visit me and the homogays at the diet forum, we'll help you out
    stupid response...

i'd suggest changing around your dieting (eating times) and change your aerobic activity... trying running and/or swimming... cycling u can coast.. gotta get that metabolism firing bro

Quote Originally Posted by floyd_turbo
    stupid response...

i'd suggest changing around your dieting (eating times) and change your aerobic activity... trying running and/or swimming... cycling u can coast.. gotta get that metabolism firing bro

stupid response? Offering to help him out is a bad response?

not at all.... care to explain who the homogay's are in the diet forum??

worldknown is offline Banned
    what the hell does homogay sound? sounds kinda gay if you ask me... lol

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    too much drama you guys...keep it to PM's............

steve, hit up the stair climber, trust me you will lose weight

Quote Originally Posted by worldknown
    what the hell does homogay sound? sounds kinda gay if you ask me... lol
    nice contribution to the thread...

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePJC
    I dont eat a thing until I'm done. Breakfast is 1.5 cups of oatmeal and 6 hard boiled egg whites.

I'm on the same diet I've been since I started 6/28. Things were coming off no problem then *poof* I'm stuck.
    First off, Slizzut is right. He is just jokin around with the term homogay. Some of the regulars in there like to throw the term at eachother. Its besides the point though. Im almost positive if you are doing the morning cardio like u say u are and lifting laterr in the day, it is your diet for sure.

I can see off the bat from your first meal. 6 egg whites is no where near enough protein. When I cook whites, I make a good 12 and im around 200lbs. Also IMO 1.5 cups of oatmeal should either be dropped to 1 cup or even better IMO, dropped completely and replaced with an EFA to keep lipolysis going after AM cardio.

There are alot of people who would be happy to help you out in the diet forum, you should post your diet there.

Good luck,

-ost

Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    First off, Slizzut is right. He is just jokin around with the term homogay. Some of the regulars in there like to throw the term at eachother. Its besides the point though. Im almost positive if you are doing the morning cardio like u say u are and lifting laterr in the day, it is your diet for sure.

I can see off the bat from your first meal. 6 egg whites is no where near enough protein. When I cook whites, I make a good 12 and im around 200lbs. Also IMO 1.5 cups of oatmeal should either be dropped to 1 cup or even better IMO, dropped completely and replaced with an EFA to keep lipolysis going after AM cardio.

There are alot of people who would be happy to help you out in the diet forum, you should post your diet there.

Good luck,

-ost
    Thank you, Ostie. The term homogay is just something said to eachother as a joke in the diet forum, its not meant as an insult to anyone. Come visit us floyd and u'll see

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    When you crash diet like this losing a pound a day you're gonna lose a bunch of water right and muscle away. 1600 calories for a 300+ pounder? Man, I eat 1600 cals for lunch and I'm 185. Also diet is not even two weeks old so that's not much time.

Although your question is on the cardio I think you will find much more help in the diet forum, those boys know their sh*t.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePJC

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    When you crash diet like this losing a pound a day you're gonna lose a bunch of water right and muscle away. 1600 calories for a 300+ pounder? Man, I eat 1600 cals for lunch and I'm 185. Also diet is not even two weeks old so that's not much time.

Although your question is on the cardio I think you will find much more help in the diet forum, those boys know their sh*t.
    I was thinking the same thing. 300lbs fella and you dieting on 1650kcals? WTF? I can understand wanting to drop the fat but damm that is just insane in the membrain.

post you diet up in the diet forum and show us what your macor breakdown looks like at each meal and what time each meal is at. either way you need to re-adjust to cals if you dont want to loose muscle. SwoleCat is about 80lbs lighter than you and I think he cuts at twice as many cals as you're on or close to it. ( I think? I cant remember the exact figure)
    abstrack@protonmail.com

hell if I know muscle I heard muscle helps burn fat and sounds like u have plenty muscle, lifting weights, and I heard cardio helps alot... pull out that jump rope and do it for a few minutes ever morning... that's about the only thing I could think of that'd be much somewhat compareble to all the other things you going to... I'd tell ya to try the South Beach diet and continue lifting everyday like my mom did and she lost 100+ pounds and my dad lost like 50+ on but it is a low carb diet and it might make you pretty tired deprieving you of the carbs when ur doing all that cardio and weight lifting.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't mean to sound harsh at all bro and in no way do I mean to flame you at all, so please don't take it that way.

In my honest opinion, screw maintaining muscle at your size. You are a very large man at roughly 300lbs+ and can afford to lose a good amount of muscle . I would concentrate more on just losing weight, weather it be good or bad at this point. Then, when your weight is down to a good point, start training again for power and trying to bring that muscle back. In the meantime I would...

1) Circuit train
    2) Increase Cardio
    3) Look into www.c-k-d.com and follow the routine and diet to a key

Good luck bro and if all else fails, I would go the Atkins route. Many people here hate the Atkins diet and have no idea what CKD is, but if I were in your shoes, I'd seriously consider both.

If you need any further info or have any questions on the CKD, feel free to drop me a PM if there's anything I can do to help.

Good luck bro!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Droppping your calories that low probably caused a metabolic backlash... your metabolism is pretty a tad slower to compensate.Back to the drawing board dude.Generally, the human body doesn't respond favorably to drastic/extreme changes.. but rather to gradual ones.So go back. Start your diet at the high end of the caloric scale...

assume 10-12 calories per pound of lean body mass as your maintenance caloric intake.

I think the board will disagree with this but.. don't have you protein too high.Sure, 'high' protein is necessary for muscle growth.. but an excess will translate into fat accumulation (or fat-loss stagnaton). So take in ONLY what's necessary for muscle maintenance. This amoutn is generally o.75-1 gram per pound of bodyweight.Keep your carbs at around 1 gram per pound also... don't carry em too low...you may drop them on non-training days when your energy expenditure is lower.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Bro, try switching the first meal with a protein/fat to keep fat burning going after cardio.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    hey bro,

try changing a bunch of small stuff - for example

switch 2% milk to skim milk

buy alot of fruit instead of junk food (my personal faverout is watermelon/grapes)

do the cardio that you LIKE to do, for me it's Cardio Kickboxing (tae boe)

Be as active as you can, I like walking my dog around our local park lake,

anyways, good luck buddy
    i'll msg you in 2 months when your down to 290

Bouncer I hope to beat that 290 estimate.

I snack on apples and bananas throughout the day. Haven't had any real sugar since I started this diet. I'm in the process of revamping my diet for the second half of these 4 weeks before I go back to a normal diet. Not the junk food that I am used to though. Just upping the numbers across the board.

I should have updated this thread since I took advice and went to the diet forum with it.

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=111643

Thanks for the great input. It's very much appreciated.

Sammy1980 is offline Junior Member
    Hello Steve: the answer is that you cut your calories to fast: and your metabolism slowed down. You should always cut your calories gradually. Same thing with cardio: should always be increased (if necessary) in stages. Good luck

Sammy

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    switch up your cardio excersise,..your body has probably gotten use to the bike and isnt burning the pounds off like before......the only other suggestion would be to ever cut your carbs more,..beef up your protein......also,..maybe cardio twice a day

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would say....post your diet, post your daily routine and let other makes suggestions to it if needed.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    do you have a cheat day during the week?

No. Cheat day is normally Saturday or Sunday and it's only a cheat meal. Haven't had one since July 8. Not having another one until the 29th. I've broken my slump by changing my cardio to treadmill. Have weighed in under 300 last two mornings.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    well when i was cutting down for my last show my trainer told me to do that just pig out one day a week! dieting is just like training you're body learns to adapted to everything including a diet a cheat day is just like those shock principles for training! you have to keep your body guessing to keep your progress going! But hey it worked great for me but i obviously didnt do it right up to the show but it did work great! try it out you never know! ill try and find a scanner so i can post some pics! took first in the heavy! but then again i dont live in a very big city about 200,000ppl so i still have some ways to go!

Thread Information