Beernutz is offline Member

Squatted now my bis are sore????

So yesterday was Quad day and i did 4 sets of regular squats and 3 sets of hack squats and 3 sets of leg press. NOw today my bis are sore aswell as my legs...I guess the soreness in my bis is from the body strain from all the squatting. My question is today is bi's and back day. What should i do? i dont wanna train a sore muslce but i never trained it in the first place?

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    thats kinda weird.. maybe when u were squatting you were using your arms too much to hold the weight.. im not really sure..

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    i've noticed that with myself sometimes... i think its when i try and hold onto the weight too tight... i'm actually pulling the weight down into my shoulders. as far as whether to work the bi i'd say depends on just how sore it actually is. also, if the bi is sore from just holding onto the bar and the machine handles, it would mean that it got worked isometrically. using isotonic movements should be okay. maybe others have different suggestions.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    So yesterday was Quad day and i did 4 sets of regular squats and 3 sets of hack squats and 3 sets of leg press. NOw today my bis are sore aswell as my legs...I guess the soreness in my bis is from the body strain from all the squatting. My question is today is bi's and back day. What should i do? i dont wanna train a sore muslce but i never trained it in the first place?
    Take a day off after legs anyhow brutha, that's usually a good idea. Especially if you have back, I wouldn't be able to do back after legs.

~SC~

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Take a day off after legs anyhow brutha, that's usually a good idea. Especially if you have back, I wouldn't be able to do back after legs.

~SC~
    agreed, deadlifts the day after squats? Pfffft! That wouldnt be fun!

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Did you go heavier this time...that is when it usually happens to me. When I do a 3 rep max...holding the weight in place a balanced will bring a little fatigue to the bi's.

Beernutz is offline Member
    I actually changed my squats to lighter weights for sets of 15 on that day. Maybe the duration of the set fatigued my bis. Anyhow i ended up working my bis the next day and the following day my Bis were sore as $hit so alls good. Thanks for the help guys.

decadbal is offline Banned
    rest bro...dont mess anything up

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Definately take off training your bi's if they're that sore. If you just have to go the gym, maybe switch things up and do shoulders or chest/triceps..etc

Thread Information