Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: DC style

  1. #1
    Lord's Avatar
    Lord is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    127

    DC style

    let me see if i get all this, i have read about it for a while now..

    first off,

    Mon
    Chest
    shoulders
    triceps
    back width
    back thickness

    Wed
    biceps
    forearms
    calves
    hams
    quads

    Fri
    Chest
    shoulders
    triceps
    back width
    back thickness

    Mon
    biceps
    forearms
    calves
    hams
    quads

    then take 3 favorites exercises on each muscle.. thats 30 diffrent exercises.. is it possible to cut it down to 20? like

    workout A:
    flat bench / military press / skull crushers / pull downs wide grip / row

    workout B:
    barbell curl / hammercurl / standing calf raise / hamstring raise / squat

    workout C:
    incline bench / side laterals / close grip bench / pull down close grip / deadlift

    workout D:
    preacher curl / reverse curl / seated calf raise / leg curl / hack squat

    i have some problems with my rotator cuff.. is it possible to add Dumbbell upright external rotation every other workout?

    and the third and last question.. where is the abs and traps? is it possible to add them to?

    im a little confused please help me out

  2. #2
    chicamahomico's Avatar
    chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hoss's Moms bedroom
    Posts
    2,993
    I would consider reversing the order of your exercises on each week's rotation. IMO you are better off not prioritizing the same mucle groups week in week out by always working them first in your workout. If you have shoulder probs of any significance then avoiding the worsening muscular imbalances is a very important part of designing a workout routine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord
    Mon
    Chest
    shoulders
    triceps
    back width
    back thickness

    Wed
    biceps
    forearms
    calves
    hams
    quads

    Fri
    back thickness
    back width
    triceps
    shoulders
    Chest

    Mon
    quads
    hams
    calves
    forearms
    biceps
    Definitely, I like your reduction of the number of sets to 20 as well as the exercises you picked. This gives you the room you need to add in abs and any shoulder rehab exerises as needed. Do abs and rotator cuff work last on whichever day you think it fits best.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord
    then take 3 favorites exercises on each muscle.. thats 30 diffrent exercises.. is it possible to cut it down to 20? like

    workout A:
    flat bench / military press / skull crushers / pull downs wide grip / row

    workout B:
    barbell curl / hammercurl / standing calf raise / hamstring raise / squat

    workout C:
    incline bench / side laterals / close grip bench / pull down close grip / deadlift

    workout D:
    preacher curl / reverse curl / seated calf raise / leg curl / hack squat

    i have some problems with my rotator cuff.. is it possible to add Dumbbell upright external rotation every other workout?

    and the third and last question.. where is the abs and traps? is it possible to add them to?

    im a little confused please help me out

  3. #3
    Lord's Avatar
    Lord is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    127
    tnx for the tip

    one more thing, this maybe takes 30-40 mins to complete, can i ride 10 mins on the bike after every workout to get ride of some grams of bf, and walk 30 mins in the morning

    bump it for more replys
    Last edited by Lord; 07-19-2004 at 05:48 AM.

  4. #4
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    10 mins of cardio pwo will do nothing for fat loss, seeing as it takes 15-20 mins at the right intensity to break into fat stores for fuel.

    All you are doing is cutting into your recovery time when you should be eating.

    ~SC~

  5. #5
    In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord
    let me see if i get all this, i have read about it for a while now..

    first off,

    Mon
    Chest
    shoulders
    triceps
    back width
    back thickness

    Wed
    biceps
    forearms
    calves
    hams
    quads

    Fri
    Chest
    shoulders
    triceps
    back width
    back thickness

    Mon
    biceps
    forearms
    calves
    hams
    quads

    then take 3 favorites exercises on each muscle.. thats 30 diffrent exercises.. is it possible to cut it down to 20? like

    workout A:
    flat bench / military press / skull crushers / pull downs wide grip / row

    workout B:
    barbell curl / hammercurl / standing calf raise / hamstring raise / squat

    workout C:
    incline bench / side laterals / close grip bench / pull down close grip / deadlift

    workout D:
    preacher curl / reverse curl / seated calf raise / leg curl / hack squat

    i have some problems with my rotator cuff.. is it possible to add Dumbbell upright external rotation every other workout?

    and the third and last question.. where is the abs and traps? is it possible to add them to?

    im a little confused please help me out
    You workout days are correct, you need to read up a little more on the exercises, we stick with compound movements for bigger muscle groups.

    Your exercises look very good except we try no to do Flat Bench BB or DB, we stick with Inclines and Declines.

    If need be you can work your Rotators with rehab exercises on off days.

    You will not need to worry bout traps, when doing heavy Rack Deads and Deads from the floor you traps will be huge.

    We do abs on off days with our 30 minutes of cardio or when we are waiting for a piece of equipment to clear.

    Good luck, you sound like you have it in order, train hard and eat big for sure...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •