Thread: Forearm pain

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member

Forearm pain

I know this has been posted before, but I was doing bi's w/ preachers yesterday and had the worst pain in my forearm bone, pinky side. Radius if im not mistaken for the ulna on the thumb side. Anyone else had this? Treatment? More wieght?

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    go to docs answet to forearm pain in steroid questions

It's basically a tendinitis, a physical therapist friend of mine diagnosed it. I have the exact same thing, but now to the point where i cant flex my forearm without pain. I'm on celebrex...been on it for rotator cuff tendinitis, and now for forearm.

Tendinitis...SWEEET!!!

se11 is offline Associate Member
    I had the same problem. I had to give Barbell curls a rest for about 4 weeks and substitute it with other things like incline and seated curl. look for bi exercises where you don't get this pain and go heavy with them. that's what I did and now I feel fine and can do barbell curls(both straight and ez bar) fine.

Fit2bLarge is offline Associate Member
    i used to get the same thing. mine went away. after doing research, i believe what happened to me was too fast bi strength, not giving the forearm a chance to catch up. the pain stopped my workout many times, for both bi and back (mainly rows). learn some forearm stretches, they helped alot. i love forearm workouts. i have a pair hand grips, one at home and one at the office. pull up the sleeves at the office, let the women see those forearms ripple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit2bLarge
    i used to get the same thing. mine went away. after doing research, i believe what happened to me was too fast bi strength, not giving the forearm a chance to catch up.
    Thats exactly what happened, Ive thought that before but forgot to post it. My forearms arent nearly as big as they probably should be and my wrists are thin. I can feel my arm bones very deffinely too. Bi strenth just too much to handle. Looks like a lot of hammer and concintration curls till my forearms catch up.

Bigkatz is offline Associate Member
    yeah i get the same pain when doing straight bar curls and preacher curls. doc told me it was just like shin splints and that i needed to worn up more and not go as heavy.

Thread Information