LionHeart is offline New Member

Lightbulb Inner Chest Development?

My chest has always been one of my more stubborn muscles to develop, but especially my inner chest. I usually give chest its own day, hitting it once every 5-7 days, sticking with flat and incline dumbell presses, flyes, dips, pullovers and cable crossovers. Any excercises, stretches, lifting techniques, or anything that will help bring up my inner chest??? Thanks for your replies.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Go down as far as you can go with flat or incline flys. That stretches the hell out of your pecs. You should probably do the standard issue flat bench, incline and decline too, it wasnt in your "sticking with" exercises. What are your stats?

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I do flat bench with my hands about shoulder width apart or a little bit closer. I also flex my chest at the top of the movement. That helps me a lot with the inner chest.

alabama is offline Associate Member
    flex with the cable cross overs too ,like when u get in try to make ur pecs pinch ,

I've done the cable cross also, I just never really liked it personally.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Here we go again with the "inner" and "outer" chest questions. I don't mean to be a smart ass but if you search this forum you will find where this has been discussed a few times.

You have no "inner chest" - only a pec minor and pec major (upper and lower) - by working to improve your chest size all together (training progressively and intensely) then you will get the results you seek. The actual shape of the pectorals are predominantly governed by genetic limitations...

It is true that you only have two groups of muscle, but you can focus on certain parts of the chest muscle at the points of insertion. If you work out a certain way, you can cause the insertion point under your arms to stick out more, and if you work out a certain way, you can get the insertion point in the sternum to show more. You can also work out a certain way that causes your chest to get more of a cut look in the center of the chest that give the appearance of a larger inner chest.

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    Actually, Pec Minor is more of an underlying muscle in the chest area but is NOT the large upper chest area that you see developed on many bodybuilders...that would still be the Pec Major, believe it or not.
    The Pec Minor's main function is not to bring the arms across the chest either, as many people assume.
    Just a thought.
    -HB

LionHeart is offline New Member

stats

6'2 195lbs 9% BF

Thread Information