pumped420 is offline Junior Member

F'd up shoulders

Whats up guys? I somehow injured my shoulder about a year or maybe a little longer ago stretching my chest too far and it started to get more and more painful doing shoulder presses and benching. So, I stopped both for a while and it slowly slowly healed. My other body parts definetely passed the delts especially since i did a cycle without being able to bench or military press! I need advise to really blast my delts to the top muscles on my body. THANKS!

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    I cant do barbell millitary presses myself, due to a shoulder injury. But i find DB overhead presses to cause none of the pain i get with a barbell. Have you tried using DB's?

DBs are great!

I have also loved the dumbell presses. It's kinda Ironic that you mentioned military presses because today my shoulders felt 100% and I just walked in from doing them for the first time in a year. I need to get my shoulders bigger to be proportionate to the rest of my body. Did ne1 else have this problem???

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    I had the same problem..because im a powerlifter balanced symetrical shoulders were never an issue for me so I didnt worry about it...untill recently i kinda wanted 2 even things out.
    the consensus is that for the most part shoulders are composed of slow twitch muscle fibers..but i consider everything i hear like that as being a generalization and like 2 do everything for them...high and low reps, heavy and light wieght, long rests, short rests, no rests...ile start by doing sets of 6 with side laterals with 50's..and end with drop sets going down all the way 2 10 or 15 lb dumbells untill they feel like 100's. I used 2 do heavy DB shoulder press but i do heavy incline work on bench so its not really necessary.
    after the heavy laterals ile go on 2 plate holds, which ****ing kick, my ass. I had 2 do them in a strongman competition one time and ahve always done them since. take a 45 lb plate and try 2 hold it at a 90 degree angle with your body like holding your arms straight infront of you, and time how long you can look through the hole in the middle of it(or jsut keep it up)..three sets of those and you'll have tears rolling. thier murder. a true test of strength, endurance, and pain tolerance.
    I say just do it all..and find what hits it best. start heavy, and work your way 2 failure with light wieghts at the end of your work out.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    We've been doing Arnold presses lately and they feel pretty good considering I have a bumb shoulder also. My buddy had shoulder surgery so we just about never use a barbell.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    ditto on the DB Military presses, i injured my shoulder a few years back and have probelems with BB but the DB ones make my shoulders feel great.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    Darn...

I wish I would have read this yesterday. It was shoulder day.

I too have screwed up shoulders. I'll try the DB's next time and see how that goes.

thanks guys ill try all this good stuff out i appreciate it

Another1 is offline Junior Member

Adequan - Einstein

I just was searching through and saw this thread. I have a torn ligament in my shoulder which pretty much keeps me from doing any chest workouts. It's worse now than it was months ago because I keep injuring it on chest day.

I saw you had good luck with Adequan. I did a search online and found several places you can get this stuff but it all appears to be for use in pets - dogs specifically. Is this stuff safe to use for say - my shoulder???

Thanks,
    Another1

xenithon is offline Member
    I am in the same boat. However, contrary to what I have read in numerous places, I use the smith machine to do shoulder press to the front. It works them very nicely and does not cause me excess pain, even less so than dumbbell shoulder press.

Thread Information